Advice Room

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Advice Room

Postby kat-su-chan » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:10 pm

I think we should make an advice room under the Christian Growth area where people can post things they need advice with and get christian/spiritual guidance from other members!
What do you think?
Psalm 139
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
kat-su-chan

Postby Sheenar » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:29 pm

Sounds good...
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Stephen » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:20 pm

Moved to the right board.
Stephen

Postby Ashley » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:32 pm

I actually tried something like this--I was running an advice column, where I'd take requests from people via PM. For some reason it never really took off.
Ashley

Postby Tyrel » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:51 am

Ashley (post: 1189026) wrote:I actually tried something like this--I was running an advice column, where I'd take requests from people via PM. For some reason it never really took off.

Things aren't perceived as anonymous in a community this small... In fact, things aren't often perceived as anonymous in a community period. The first thing that comes to mind if I were to think about asking for some advice, would be that I'd have to cover my tracks and make sure nobody suspects me, or just come out with it boldly.

I think an advice section might really be a good move... but that's just my opinion.
Tyrel

Postby Okami » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:36 pm

Yeah....it sort of seems, at least to me, as Starter of the General Lust and Depression Prayer Threads that they'd seemingly do better in an advice section. *laughs* Though of course, they're both also Prayer Threads (As indicated by their titles), so I guess that they also work well exactly where they're at.

But still, a room specifically for Advice could be very helpful, as long as debates aren't prolonged if they ever arise.
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby kat-su-chan » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:29 pm

yeah that's kind of what I mean. Not neccessarily somewhere where people get advice from one person or anonymously. but if someone wants advice about something, whatever it is they could post it under the advice column and then anyone who replied would be giving advice.
catch me?
Psalm 139
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
kat-su-chan

Return to Announcements and Feedback