A Very Public Apology

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

A Very Public Apology

Postby Ashley » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:31 pm

To all my dear CAAers,

I just wanted to apologize for not being around so much the past few weeks. School is beginning again in earnest, which of course crimps on time, but the real problem is that my school's wireless just REFUSES to run CAA, and for a week I couldn't figure out what the problem was (I'm sitting in the hall, laptop in lap, on an unofficial network as we speak).

I hope you guys will be patient with me. Like I said, school is pretty crazy for me and I'm really having a tough time trying to get everything together. I know I've let things slide (like the mascot contest and the manga review database) but I'm really trying.

Anyway, CAA is still a huge part of my heart and I don't plan on letting it go anytime soon...I just hope you can't bear with this negligent parent. :sweat:
Ashley

Postby rocklobster » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:41 pm

Oh come on, Ashley! The mods do a good job of keeping this place in order. We do appreciate your work though.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:25 pm

I actually find it pretty interesting that you mentioned this. I've been having trouble connecting to CAA from the wireless at my school, along with a few other known CAAers that I've been communicating with through YIM or other CAAers. I commute, so I can still access CAA from home, but anyways, here's a thread regarding the subject:

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=44531

Glad you could find a way around it, though!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:32 pm

Tis okay, Ashley! We understand! School is annoyingly good about getting rid of our free time...-_-

God Bless!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Saint Kevin » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:12 am

I once went a calendar year with 3 posts. I figure you've got a long way to go before you need to start apologizing. Anyway, forums are generally supposed to be self-sustaining anyway. You have a great group of mods and members - and if you were gone a year things would be still work themselves out just fine.

Good to see you around again though - hope all is well with you so far this semester.

Focus on God, focus on school, focus on putting first things first. CAA's not going to spiral out of control or anything.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby ClosetOtaku » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:23 am

Ashley, Ashley, Ashley.... the pressure must really be getting to you.

Why, just the other day, I was walking with a bunch of friends and someone said, "You know, I think Ashley doesn't love CAA any more," and almost everyone else pummeled him into unconsciousness.

Seriously, no apologies are necessary. Remember the Centurion? "I tell this one, "Go", and he goes; and that one 'Come', and he comes. I say to my servant, "Do this", and he does it." Those are your mods, and they are doing terrifically.

CAA is in good hands, many thanks to you. Let your lieutenants do the job they were assigned to do (see Exodus 18:13-26). That's not negligence, that's smart management. If it is really weighing on your mind -- like the various contests -- maybe you could solicit some additional help?

Otherwise, please, relax and focus on the really important stuff.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Kaligraphic » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:40 pm

Ashley wrote:I just hope you can't bear with this negligent parent. :sweat:

We'll try not to. Now, get back to work. You need to post more. You need to hang out in the chat more. You need to post more photos of yourself, because, as Cephas once said, "Ashley is a severe hottie."

Or, you could just do whatever you're doing already, either way.

:)
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Mithrandir » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:48 am

Kaligraphic wrote:We'll try not to. Now, get back to work. You need to post more. You need to hang out in the chat more. You need to post more photos of yourself, because, as Cephas once said, "Ashley is a severe hottie."

Or, you could just do whatever you're doing already, either way.

:)

Because someone always has to point out the typo...

>.<

FWIW, this problem is not restricted to CAA - there are other sites experiencing similar issues. Apparently there is a bug in at least one of the routers used for many school wifi deployments.
Mithrandir

Return to Announcements and Feedback