"Active members?"

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

"Active members?"

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:29 am

I only just noticed this now, but I see that since CAA's new look was put in there's been a new stat near the top of the page: "Active members." My question for the sake of curiosity is, of course, what defines one as an "active" member? Does it have anything to do with one's post count, or how long it's been since one has logged in, or is it something altogether different?

Thanks in advance from this curious (and somewhat slow) fellow. :lol:
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Kaligraphic » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:21 pm

The "Currently Active Users" statistic just tells you how many people are currently reading/posting/doing stuff on the site.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:52 pm

Are you sure that's what that's talking about? *points to his attachment* 1219 people all doing stuff on the site at the same time seems like an awful lot to me. :sweat: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Kaligraphic » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:15 am

Oh, there. Yeah, that's something different. Probably the number of members who have visited/posted within the past x days.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:20 pm

I believe that is correct. The exact value of x is unknown except to Mithrandir because the feature came with the forum upgrade.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:24 am

Heh. I'm glad that spambot only lives on in infamy within the graphic. >.<

Clive is correct. The number x is known only to me and my shadow. He doesn't talk, but I'm susceptible to the occasional cookie bribe.
Mithrandir

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:27 am

TheMelodyMaker wrote: My question for the sake of curiosity is, of course, what defines one as an "active" member?

A CAA Account and a pulse rate should be all you need.
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby samuraidragon » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:58 pm

Mithrandir wrote:Heh. I'm glad that spambot only lives on in infamy within the graphic. >.<

Clive is correct. The number x is known only to me and my shadow. He doesn't talk, but I'm susceptible to the occasional cookie bribe.
Gives Mith a cookie?
-マックスウェル

"My my, the cruelest lies are often told without a word; my my, the kindest truths are often spoken, never heard." Ben Folds, The Last Polka

No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friend - John 15:13
samuraidragon

Postby Ingemar » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:17 pm

*hides Ritalin in the cookie batter*
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:44 pm

You doom us all.

Seriously, this thread has served its purpose.
uc pseudonym

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:34 pm

Sorry to be so slow replying to this... :sweat: I figured out that hovering the mouse cursor over the value shows that it refers to how many users have been active in the last 90 days. So there we go -- thanks anyway, everyone. ^_^ *bows gracefully and takes his leave from the subject*
TheMelodyMaker

Return to Announcements and Feedback