CAA's New Look

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:11 pm

anonymous wrote:
Also, I can't edit the first post of the Wolf Pack thread or my old Art Corner thread anymore. Is there now a time limit on how long after posting a post can be edited?

Same with me--I can't edit posts that were posted before the upgrade.

Oh, I like the new look ^^. The quote boxes are a bit bright with the white letters though, hehe.
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:01 pm

I'm really sorry about the quote boxes. I honestly don't know how to fix that. :sweat: I've looked everywhere I can think to look, but I'm just not finding it! Gah!
Mithrandir

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:06 pm

In an effort to meet people half-way here, I've made a few minor alterations.

1. The user names are back above the avatar.
2. User names are no longer underlined.
3. User names are now bold.
4. The mystery green/red/blue dots are gone.
5. The "new caa" skin now has all the information on the left, under the avatar (the older skins will have to wait for this).
6. The older skins now have the banner graphic with navigation links (u cn has chat now! )
7. For macintosh users, pressing "down" will jump you to the end of the line now. It looked like it did before, but it was faking.
8. The number of smilies-per-row has been limited, this should help fix the issue you are describing (it's not a long term solution, but it works).
Mithrandir

Postby Omega Amen » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:13 pm

Mithrandir wrote:4. The mystery green/red/blue dots are gone.
Awww, I honestly liked that feature.

But if you feel it is for the best, so be it.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Amzi Live » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:44 pm

I didn't know we had an arcade until I read it was offline.It's ok though,I can wait.Oh yeah,I think it would be cool to keep the gender signs too.
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:47 pm

The smiley box still expand out of frame, but it doesn't make me side scroll XD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:37 pm

OK. I've figured out how to get the Male/Female icons back on the NEWCAA skin. My apologies to those of you who saw the mix up while I was testing it. ;)
Mithrandir

Postby ADXC » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:44 pm

But what about those dots that you removed earlier, they were lite when someone was online. But now the only way to figure out if they are online is to look on the front page. (I know Im very lazy.)
ADXC

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:48 pm

People were complaining. I can bring them back, I guess.
Mithrandir

Postby ADXC » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:52 pm

Well maybe they were just confussed with what the mysterous dots were for. Because actually Im used to the dots. In my old forum the dot at the bottom left corner would be lite if that person were to be online.

And also are you going to put those links up for Anime Angels and the Theological site as well. Im just used to seeing them up here, and I also use AA for when CAA goes under construction.
ADXC

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:28 pm

I've added 'em back for the moment. We'll see if people complain more.
Mithrandir

Postby Nate » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:30 pm

I like them, they're useful.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ADXC » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:37 pm

Thanks! I hope the people like them as much as I do. I mean they are just like that other thing you had in each post that told if they were online or not.

Like so and so is online. You remember them don't you?

Well thanks again, they really are a big help! (Well at least for me.)
ADXC

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:04 am

Alexander wrote:Do you think it might just be your browser? I use Firefox which remembers my user names and passwords to all the subscription pages I go too. While IE (which I never use) sometimes forgets.

I've had Firefox for a while, but it never did this on the old site when I switched skins... Right now when I went back to the page it did it again:/
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Mithrandir » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:39 am

Tenshi no Ai wrote:Here's another question...

I have the main page saved in favorites, and sometimes when I come back to it it has the dark skin turned on instead, and my saved username/password will go away and I have to type it again again, 'remember me' again, and THEN it goes back to the lite skin... Only happens sometimes though :/

Hmm... That sounds like there's problem with your cache. Have you added any plugins to firefox lately? You might wanna try manually deleting the cache.
Mithrandir

Postby goldenspines » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:04 pm

I have to admit, I love the new dark layout a lot. It opens up all new possibilities for font colors in the chat. XD
The one thing I would like to see back on here is the "active users" list in alphabetical order again. It made it easier to find out if a particular person was online.
Other than that, the layout looks awesome to me, I can't wait to see the final finished product.
goldenspines

Postby Felix » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:01 pm

Forgive me if this sounds harsh, but the new "upgrade" feels a bit more like a downgrade to me. Everything feels a bit clunky and cumbersome now, and the layout reminds me quite a lot of other generic forums I have seen, whereas the old look had a very unique feel to it that I loved.

Not that I'm all negative about it. I understand that it's still in progress and will be smoothed out, and some aspects of it are very nice. The layout of the links at the top is nice, but I wouldn't mind having some sort of logo above them, ya know?

Anyway, good work and good luck, Mith!
Felix

Postby Mithrandir » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:11 pm

My guess is you aren't yet familiar with the interface. It was a little bit of a stumbler at first, but now that I've used the layout a lot, it's more comfortable.

Again, I considered putting the upgrade off until we had the skin looking better and the flow a bit more smooth, but I figured people would rather deal with some rough edges and have the new features. There are other reasons, of course, but most users don't care.
Mithrandir

Postby Felix » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:20 am

You are indeed right. Now that I've played around with it more, it feels a lot better.

Yeah, it's still a bit rough, but I don't mind terribly. I'm glad you made the change.
Felix

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:20 am

Though it took a little bit of getting used to, I think it looks all right. I'm just happy that it seems to load faster than it used to. ^_^
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Time Limit to Editing Posts?! Is this permanent?

Postby Omega Amen » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:55 pm

This has been brought up a couple of times but has not been answered directly. And I believe this is important enough to warrant specific attention.

It seems like there is a time limit to when one can edit one's posts. For example, I cannot edit the contents of my earlier posts in this thread or any of my earlier ones on CAA.

Like anonymous mentioned, some people here like to keep certain threads up-to-date, which provides a central location for information on a certain subject and reducing clutter on the boards. For example, I like to keep threads on specific upcoming games, and I like to edit the first post with up-to-date information.

There is also the benefit of allowing someone to edit their post, especially if they regretted something they said after some time has passed by.

Is this time limit permanent due to upgrade to CAA? Or is this planned to be changed in the future... if at all?
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:00 pm

Mithrandir wrote:Hmm... That sounds like there's problem with your cache. Have you added any plugins to firefox lately? You might wanna try manually deleting the cache.

Hm yeah that's probably just it^^
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Felix » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:41 pm

Forgive me for causing you more trouble, Mith, but I've been having problems staying logged in since the change. More often than not, if I navigate away from CAA and then return, I will have logged out. I don't mind terribly, but if there's a quick way to fix it so that I stay logged in, that would be nice. Perhaps if I reset my cookies?
Felix

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:14 pm

I'm sorry to be a downer,

but it's really cramped and painful to read. I really prefer the old look.
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:22 pm

What I miss the most is whenever I woudl go to the main page, we would come to the update page with the admin's announcements and stuff...will that ever make a comeback? It gave me a nice "I'm home!" feeling...before I actually entered into the forums...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Mithrandir » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:57 am

The current state of affairs is not permanent. We are always looking for upgrade ideas. When we have a chance, we will be going back and looking at each of the issues we've been made aware of.

*decides not to rewrite the preposition in that sentence*
Mithrandir

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:44 am

Mith, I think alot of these upgrades are great...but it's just so hard to read.
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby Mithrandir » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:54 am

Next time, tell me something I DON'T know. ;)
Mithrandir

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:34 pm

I think you guys are doing a great job, Mith! ^^ Don't worry I know that everything will turn out great!

Keep up the good work, Mods!!!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Cardinalman » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:05 pm

i love the new look:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
Cardinalman

Previous Next

Return to Announcements and Feedback