Daily Devotional hits

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Daily Devotional hits

Postby Mave » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:08 pm

Is it just me or does the Daily Devotional get more unsavory posts than the other sections? Is this a result of.....

A) independent individuals who have a lot of time in their hands to screen through the forums and to selectively drop such threads in the Daily Devotional, thinking that members go there on a daily basis?

B) evil spambots that have a big problem with keywords "daily" and "devotional" and Christians in general and totally homed into that poor forum?

Pls pardon my lack of understanding of spambots if this seems like a silly question.

Thank you in advance for doing a good job smacking these posts down. I try to kick down these posts as the title of such posts still remain in the main page despite being deleted.
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:43 pm

I have wondered this myself. It is not out of the question to think that the fact that the daily devotionals are titled after given dates makes them more likely to be found by spambots.
uc pseudonym

Postby ADXC » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:36 pm

Oh yes I hate that this is happening. Just today I saw a thread there that wasn't supposed to be there let alone this entire forum. But luckely I reported it. I think its just to tick us all off. I think some people just come on here just to post some really bad junk. Its really annoying.
ADXC

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:41 pm

Do you think we can put titles on the devotions instead of calendar dates? Not saying it will eliminate the spambots entirely, but it might keep them from landing there.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:02 pm

I'm not sure about this. It's possible this is "intelligence" on the part of the bots. It's in one of the middle two forums of one of the middle two categories. Other than that, there isn't any real reason. Enough bots do it that it's got to be either:

1. A specific calculation
2. A specific word

It could simply be that it's got the word "daily" in the title, and the bots believe that indicates a high volume forum. I dunno.

We could force all activity in that forum to be moderated, I guess. Since RevDOC isn't posting right now, it might not be a bad idea...
Mithrandir

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:26 am

I think that just might do it.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Return to Announcements and Feedback