Daily Devotions Leader Stepping Down

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Daily Devotions Leader Stepping Down

Postby Ashley » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:25 pm

Dear CAA'ers,

Quite frankly, I'm struggling with words for this. After much prayer and consideration, our beloved Rev. Doc is stepping down from his position as leader of the Daily Devotionals.

For over two years now, Doc--who is a pastor, father, and active member of his local community--has been pouring out precious time writing short, daily studies for the CAA members' spiritual growth. His work was fresh, invigorating, and inspiring.

Such hard work is worthy of laud, my friends. It is not often that I am fortunate enough to meet such a dedicated man of God who is generous with his time and his talents. Rev Doc, we will forever be grateful for your tireless service.

As for the future of the Daily Devotionals, they will be on a brief hiatus until a decision has been made by the staff. Your prayers in this matter would be most appreciated.
Ashley

Postby Angel37 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:07 pm

How sad! I'll be sorry to see him go! My prayers will definitely be with all of you.
Angel37

Postby Stephen » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:59 pm

I just want to thank you Rev Doc for all that you have done. Your work has been appreciated, and you are always welcome around here. Thanks again!
Stephen

Postby kryptech » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:19 am

When I first noticed new posts with the current date as the title I wondered what they were about and clicked on one. When I realized that they were daily I was impressed. As I was fairly new to CAA at that time I was pleased to see a daily devotional. While I'm not sure that I've replied to any of the devotionals I've been challenged and encouraged by those that I've read. Thanks Rev Doc!
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:21 am

Thanks for all your work Rev Doc. If it's a rest you feel like you need to take, it's a rest you deserve.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Mr. Rogers » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:11 am

Nice work with the devotions, Doc. They were always encouraging and thought-provoking.
Mr. Rogers

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:13 pm

I really enjoyed reading many of the devotionals you posted, Rev Doc! they were all really inspiring.

God Bless... your shoes will be difficult to fill, but I know there are many qualified CAAers who will do their best.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Debitt » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:20 pm

Thank-you for all the time you've put into these devotionals, Rev. Doc! They've brightened my day many a time -- may God bless you for all the work you've done here!

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:30 am

I think I've probably read all of those posts. I don't think I replied to more than a couple, but I always read them.

Thank you so much, RevDoc! There was more then one occasion when I needed a lift, and I got it from your devotionals!
Mithrandir

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:27 pm

I strongly suggest either Mith or Ashley take over.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:06 am

I have an idea!

What if we had a Devotions Group but we have like one central leader that governs what we post to make sure it's accurate?

We could have a group of 7 members. these members could "try out" for a day position. If their devotions are spirtually solid, then they can be devotion writers. But before they post their devotions they could send it to the Leader, before their day is scheduled and he/she can okay it just to be safe?

Simplified explanation

* 1 Group of Devotion writers
* 1 Leader of this group
* 7 members
* Each member takes one day of the week and writes devotions once a week.
* The Members have to "try out" just to make sure they are okay with writing devotions that no one will want to debate about.
* After acception the members can still send in their devotions to be proofread for accuracy.

I know it sounds like a lot of work... but this way more people could be involved?

I dunno, just an idea, It might not work out..=_=
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:38 am

I like the idea!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Ashley » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:05 pm

It's a decent idea, I guess CK, but I think it's far too many levels of bureaucracy. Too easy for assignments to get lost, fights to occur, or elitism to emerge. I'd rather stick with one leader--whom I'm still praying about.
Ashley

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:54 pm

I guess you have a point, there Ashley. I just know of some really mature members here that could probably handle it...>_> which is why I even mentioned it.

It would be a sad thing if elitism got in the way of this...really sad. I would hope our members would be a bit above that... I know many of them are.

Thanks for reading my suggestion! I know it would be a bit hard to do...it was merely just an idea..
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Takuya » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:00 pm

Ashley wrote:Dear CAA'ers,

Quite frankly, I'm struggling with words for this. After much prayer and consideration, our beloved Rev. Doc is stepping down from his position as leader of the Daily Devotionals.

For over two years now, Doc--who is a pastor, father, and active member of his local community--has been pouring out precious time writing short, daily studies for the CAA members' spiritual growth. His work was fresh, invigorating, and inspiring.

Such hard work is worthy of laud, my friends. It is not often that I am fortunate enough to meet such a dedicated man of God who is generous with his time and his talents. Rev Doc, we will forever be grateful for your tireless service.

As for the future of the Daily Devotionals, they will be on a brief hiatus until a decision has been made by the staff. Your prayers in this matter would be most appreciated.

Wow... err... that sucks... just a couple months ago I asked one of my new friends to check out his teachings... and maybe message him...

MY questions are will the old posts still be there and will Rev be sticking around?
Takuya

Location: Perhaps another time, another place. Where I am matters not, but who I am.

Postby Ashley » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:13 pm

Yes, the old posts will still be in the archives, and yes, our beloved Rev will still be here.
Ashley

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:41 pm

We should lock the daily devotions section. It's getting lots of spambots lately :comp:

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Tommy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:47 pm

Thanks, Rev.
Your dedication to this site and giving us good and insightful daily doses of "bread" to get us through the day deserves an unmeasurable amount of gratitude.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Return to Announcements and Feedback