Sticky thread suggestion

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Sticky thread suggestion

Postby Nate » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:19 pm

I have noticed in the past few months there have been a great deal of people asking for suggestions for new anime/manga for them or their friends to enjoy.

Would there be a way to make a thread for anime/manga suggestions or recommendations in the respective forums, that could be stickied so that we don't have 50 of these threads in each forum? It might help make things less cluttered.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Mave » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:27 pm

It's not just the past few months, it's been going eversince CAA was conceived. :eh:

Yes, pls....I echo the request for the sticky thread. One of the reasons I no longer respond to suggestion/recommendation threads is because I eventually got tired of repeating myself.

First, have a sticky thread containing titles that members have consistently suggested (over and over and over again...). There -has to be- some titles that most of us agree to recommend.

Then, for more information, ppl can be directed to our anime/manga reviews database.

Lastly, if no review exists, ppl can be encouraged search within the respective forums for any threads that may pertain to the same title in question.

.......Or perhaps, the step by step is too troublesome for some (especially newcomers)? I dunno, I'm used to this approach when I want to look for new titles hehehe....
Mave

Postby Jasdero » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:31 pm

Hmm, perhaps the list could also be categorized? i.e.; Series that people who like fantasy may be interested in, titles that those who are against demons&magic may want to avoid, etc.

I generally third this suggestion.
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby Nate » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:45 am

Well, I meant more as in, one thread that's stickied, and every time someone wants a suggestion for a new anime, they could post in there, "Hey, I'm looking for an anime with ______." It would also be easier for them to browse through the thread and see if anyone previously had any suggestions in their vein. So it would serve two purposes, a kind of record of suggested anime, instead of threads that get 8 or 9 replies and sink down to the depths, and a single thread where people could still post for suggestions instead of making a ton of different ones.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:29 am

I like the categorized idea.... It would be a lot easier than just one giant thread of "favorites"
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Return to Announcements and Feedback