Let us know when mods are on

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Let us know when mods are on

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:52 am

Some of us like to talk to the mods, so I think we should see which ones are on. It might even cut down on the trolling.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:58 am

We've thought about this, but there's a problem: It lets the trolls know when there are NO mods on, which is a much bigger issue for us.
Mithrandir

Postby EireWolf » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:23 am

You can always PM us, and we'll see it when we log on.

If you are talking about the chat, the mods will show themselves when they wish to talk. ;)
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:27 am

I know that, Eirewolf. But like I said, I like knowing when certain mods are on because you're all so nice. I'm not sucking up here.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:38 am

Mod hidding is a necessary precaution. It both saves trolls the luxury of know when the mods are away, and it also keeps people on their best behavior-- because they can't know when a mod might be lurking around and seeing what they're saying. It would be nice not to always have to be hidden, but it's a necessary evil, I'm afraid.

No, really, if you guys want to talk to the mods in the chat, just say "Hey, Osaka, are you out there?" Or "Hey, Steve, show yourself!" If we're around and we can talk, we'll come out of the wood work. (I know this, because one member once actually just said "Are you on right now, Osaka?", so I took myself out of stealthy ninja mode and chatted for a while.)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:22 am

Try whispering in the caa chat. If the whisper goes through, it means they're there.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby KBMaster » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:13 pm

WHAT?! YOU GUYS ARE HIDDEN?! All this time I thought I was just on when you guys were all off.... So even if you're online, it'll say you're offline?
KBMaster

Postby Ashley » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:36 pm

If you see a mod that has "stealth" below their avatar (see myself), then we may or may not be on.
Ashley

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:10 pm

KBMaster wrote:So even if you're online, it'll say you're offline?

We can turn that option on and off.

Ashley wrote:If you see a mod that has "stealth" below their avatar (see myself), then we may or may not be on.

Actually, that's a mods only thing. Everyone else just sees "Offline" below your avatar.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:21 pm

Yeah, unless me set our user options to a special setting, it will always look like we're not on. Just as a means of reassuring you guys, almost every time I get on to lurk around for a minute, there's almost always at least another mod on. We do our very best to looked after the board. :hug:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Return to Announcements and Feedback