Your Opinions Needed!

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Postby Nate » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:31 pm

Kawaiikneko wrote:I believe what she's insinuating is a video feed of you guys talking. Not sure how that would work....

But then I couldn't do the Gamecast in my underwear. :(

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:32 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:I thought she meant like a live audio-feed.

OHHHH XD wow... I saw the word 'footage' and immediately thought video. Silly me
Kawaiikneko

Postby JesusFreak84 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:41 pm

But then I couldn't do the Gamecast in my underwear.

*Barfs*

We could do a Skypecast for a live podcast of sorts....
Papist Pest :angel:

http://jesusfreak84.livejournal.com
http://www.adorem.us/forum
http://www.omegarock.com
Warning: I'm prone to the following--
:rant::comp::bang::poke::forehead:
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?" (Plagiarized from Mithradir.)
JesusFreak84

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:56 pm

I second the art thread/gallery ideas and the CAA Yearbook! Also, I like the Game Reviews section, and unless it hasn't been said, a Music Reviews section.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Joshua Christopher » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:20 pm

That Dude wrote:Yeah I don't think the politic and theology threads will ever come into existance.

I know, but it was worth a shot. :brow:
Joshua Christopher

Postby rocklobster » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:33 am

Here are some more ideas:
1. I nominate the following people for moderators, since someone has brought it up: Tom Dincht, Nate, Mr. Smarty Pants, and Angel37.
2. I think those of us who are GMs, like myself, should have a special color. I suggest green.
3. Can you put any rpgs we happen to be members of in the profiles?
4. A grammar and/or spellchecker. Some of us do care about this!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby SnoringFrog » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:56 am

Higher character count limits, especially in the writing section, would be awesome. They're not as needed otehr places (although we've had some pretty long posts in topics under General that I've come across before), but I really think we need them in the writing section.
I brought this up ages ago as well. Unfortunately, I learned that the forums have only one character limit that applies to the entire board, so unless that has changed with one of our upgrades this isn't possible without a hack.

Well, I don't see any harm in upping the character limit for the whole board. Outside of the writing, a few choice topics here and there adn those random hug war PMs, I doubt there'll be many occasions when someoen even comes close to reaching it.

I think it'd be nice to have a "New topic" button added into the actual threads. It's nice for those of us stuck with dial-up to finish reading a topic and then jump straight into posting our new one without having to go through and extra screen or two.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Yahshua » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:18 pm

Let me share my two cents with you and the staffers here at CAA before we add more features and stuff. First I would says is this Ashley gather the staffers around for a prayer meeting to see what Father will lead CAA as a ministry to the body of Christ in the future. Second maybe it is time to reflect back on the organization of CAA itself by doing a organization review of the CAA itself and see what need to improve or update or upgrad with. Anyhow that is my two cents.
Yahshua

Postby samuraidragon » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:41 pm

rocklobster wrote: I nominate the following people for moderators, since someone has brought it up: Tom Dincht, Nate, Mr. Smarty Pants, and Angel37.
Also Yahshua. Nate? No offense Nate, but I don't know about that.
rocklobster wrote:grammar and/or spellchecker. Some of us do care about this!
Get Firefox.
-マックスウェル

"My my, the cruelest lies are often told without a word; my my, the kindest truths are often spoken, never heard." Ben Folds, The Last Polka

No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friend - John 15:13
samuraidragon

Postby Ashley » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:26 pm

Ok, about the more-mods thing: I've gotten lots of emails on this and seen many posts about it, too.

First of all, YES we have heard you and we WILL be talking about staffing issues and troll control.

Secondly, I don't think many of you understand the mod application process. Quite simply, there is no process. You cannot apply to be a mod; it is a choice decided upon completely and only by the staffers after much prayer, discussion, and more prayer. We will not take recommendations or applications.
Ashley

Postby rocklobster » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:03 pm

Well then, forget my suggestion about mods.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:13 pm

Yahshua wrote:Let me share my two cents with you and the staffers here at CAA before we add more features and stuff. First I would says is this Ashley gather the staffers around for a prayer meeting to see what Father will lead CAA as a ministry to the body of Christ in the future. Second maybe it is time to reflect back on the organization of CAA itself by doing a organization review of the CAA itself and see what need to improve or update or upgrad with. Anyhow that is my two cents.

i second this one, it's always a good idea to reflect upon where the Lord has lead us and to seriously consider where the Lord may be leading us
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Photosoph » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:34 pm

I would say I would like to see a more flexible treatment of the arts. Currently we have a gallery but no section to discuss art and techniques or tutorials. We have a place to SHOW art but nowhere to talk about making it and the myriad aspectos of that process.

I agree; but personally what I'd really like to see would be a section where people were encouraged to post tutorials. We've got the Tutorials section, but that's more of an 'I need help with this' sort of thread.
Whereas if we had some sort of section dedicated to teaching people, especially about art techniques since we have a lot of artists on here, I think that would be really cool.

Personally, I'd like to see an improvement in the RPG forums. Instead of just story-based games, there should be something that can allow players to play games like d20 games. A click of the mouse on a little button, and the computer rolls the dice, and the result is recorded, and cannot be changed. The same thing goes for the GM.

I'd like the dice idea a lot. Perhaps even a system where GMs could give people experience, and it would accumulate and add up to different levels... perhaps even having it as a variable somewhere which you could call on with a command, eg [variable=thisrpgthischaracter] or something.
Not so savvy on the programming side of things, so I'm not sure. However, I do realise this could take a lot of work, so this might not be possible.
But I really do like that dice idea. ^^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:02 pm

samuraidragon wrote:I would like to see Mith come up with something a little wittier then "welcome to the nuthouse :lol:" for greeting new members. XD

Real suggestions will wait 'til tomorrow.

How about, "You can fill the void left by samauraidragon, who we banned for insubordination?"

:evil:
Mithrandir

idea/suggestion

Postby rurouninaruto » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:26 am

[quote="Ashley"]2007 is quickly approaching, and with it comes CAA's 6th birthday. This year, I want to do something different:

I want to know what YOU want for CAA in 2007! New forums, new features, new contests, new content...where do you want us to go, what do you want us to be doing? What have you seen other forums do that you'd like us to do as well? I'm willing to give any and all ideas equal airtime, no matter how outrageous or miniscule.

So please consider giving us your feedback and ideas by replying to this thread by December 31st. Thank you for your continued support]

I was thinkin' maybe the site could have a how to make an amv tutorial. Also, I think it would be a good idea to have an amv contest.
rurouninaruto

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:24 pm

rocklobster wrote:2. I think those of us who are GMs, like myself, should have a special color. I suggest green.
3. Can you put any rpgs we happen to be members of in the profiles?
4. A grammar and/or spellchecker. Some of us do care about this!

2. That probably won't happen. There are too many GMs for that to be practical and it could be confusing to new members. I realize many people put a great deal of time into the RPG forum, but remember that it is only one part of CAA.

3. Could you use your signature for the same purpose? I think it would be next to impossible to do this via code (the site doesn't recognize your membership in any rpg) and manually wouldn't be practical.

4. First off, thank you for caring about this. Some of us do appreciate those who make an effort to be coherent. As far as I know, however, there is no worthwhile grammar checker in existance. It might actually be possible to get a spellchecker (such mods must be available) but for now I recommend checking words you aren't sure about via a search engine.

SnoringFrog wrote:Well, I don't see any harm in upping the character limit for the whole board. Outside of the writing, a few choice topics here and there adn those random hug war PMs, I doubt there'll be many occasions when someoen even comes close to reaching it.

That's a thought. I believe the limit exists to prevent abuse, but I don't think anyone could cause that much damage with, say, a 50K limit.
uc pseudonym

Postby Reba » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:02 pm

1.Here's one,I was thinking,Do you thin we can have sigs again,But you limit the writing and pictures thought,So you know people cant have a million words and a huge signature,

2.More chat fonts and colors :D

3.And I agree with Rurouninaruto,It would be fun to have an AMV contest every month ^^.

Well thats all I got ^^.

[SIZE="1"]A blue, black shade of love.

Sent from above.

[align=center]My hands are tied to worlds
alone,
And this I know.
Your breath's like wine,
And just like clouds, my skin crawls.
It's so divine, the sky it glows with fields of light.
Did you know that I love you?
Come and lay with me.
I love you.
And all this day, I will love you.
You make me feel alive,
and I'll love you
Until the end of time.[/SIZE][/align]
Reba

Postby samuraidragon » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:57 pm

Mithrandir wrote:How about, "You can fill the void left by samauraidragon, who we banned for insubordination?"

:evil:

*wimpers and pays homage to the Mod Mith of the Great Greetings*

How about more emoticons? Could you implement some of the myspace blog ones? They are a lot similar to the ones we already have (see attached picture) except animated of course. I have wanted a Image emoticon for a long time, and it's annoying to put the img tags in each time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-マックスウェル

"My my, the cruelest lies are often told without a word; my my, the kindest truths are often spoken, never heard." Ben Folds, The Last Polka

No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friend - John 15:13
samuraidragon

Postby Kcowolf » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:38 pm

It's not exactly an interesting feature, but it's one I'd find helpful.

There's an option to search anime reviews based on age. I'd like to see an extensions on this (e.g. "I'm looking for anime with [violence, language, etc.] rating [#] and [up/down].")

There's my two cents.
Kcowolf

Postby samuraidragon » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:58 am

EDIT: Read his post wrong. Which brings up something I would like to have added; being able to delete our posts. I think everybody here has had a situation where they have wanted to delete a post, like if they double posted without realizing it.
-マックスウェル

samuraidragon

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:24 pm

rocklobster wrote:4. A grammar and/or spellchecker. Some of us do care about this!

May I direct you to Firefox 2.0 It has a built-in spell-checker in it! It works wonders.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:47 am

Ok, I finally had an idea last night! XD

Would it be possible to include links in each anime or manga review to the corresponding thread in the reviews forum? There have been several times when I've looked at a review in the reviews section, and then wanted to find the thread in the reviews forum to see what sort of conversation took place regarding the content, etc., but the thread was too difficult to find. So would it be possible to somehow link those threads to the reviews at all? Thanks!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Rogie » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:01 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Ok, I finally had an idea last night! XD

Would it be possible to include links in each anime or manga review to the corresponding thread in the reviews forum? There have been several times when I've looked at a review in the reviews section, and then wanted to find the thread in the reviews forum to see what sort of conversation took place regarding the content, etc., but the thread was too difficult to find. So would it be possible to somehow link those threads to the reviews at all? Thanks!

This is a really good idea. I've thought of this before myself. It could *potentially* be an easy thing to implement. Thanks for that suggestion, RD!
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Wind » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:11 am

I would like a poetry section and possibly a poetry contest please Ashley
and is it possible to figure out a way where we could have pics in our sig but perhaps with a size restriction like the profile pic perhaps like 100x150 pixels and maybe allow only one pic in the sig at a time
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:53 am

I suppose I'll add to this with my two cents.

I think an Art Discussion board of some sort is a good idea, a small section of the board devoted to Art Discussion, How-To's, that sort of thing.

The staffing thing is simply not something we should be discussing here, however. Mods here are family and don't just up and make somebody a Mod without a LOT of prayerful consideration. That being said, it would be nice to have someone who was online more often than most of the mods are, to deal with the trolls and generally do first-responder type work to whatever the situation is. There have been cases where, because of overworked mods and not enough people reporting it, Troll posts have been left up as long as two days because there simply isn't enough people or time to find every little needle in the haystack as it comes. It is Infinitely easier to go after Troll topics, but Trolls who actually post inside pre-existing topics are on the rise.

I also think the CAA Endorsed Links up top could be added to. I mean, GORG was awesome, but its vanished now. Surely there are websites that we as a site should be referring to the mass of users?

Also, it would be awesome if there were some medium through which regular members could contribute something to CAA. I've run RPs, and began the whole "Official-izing" Groups thing that continues to this day, but I have yet to feel as though I significantly given something to the CAA to add to all the wonderful things I see here. I realize that CAA is designed as a haven for people like ourselves, but still, I would really support a movement of people who wanted to do something, to give back as it were, to make CAA a better place. The Artists have done this with the Manga and such, and some people who write, but simply put, there is not yet an open playing field upon which those of us who want to give back can do so.

other than that, Official Poetry Contests would be a VERY nice touch, though I don't know about making a whole Poetry Board.

I'd also support (I.E, with cash) CAA having its own booth at a con. I'd love to see some of you guys over here at a Con on the East Coast!

A medium through which CAA could benefit people outside of ourselves is something else that I think we all could get behind. Yes, we have the Review board and such, but we don't have anything that really gives to the outside.

Just my two cents. If there is anything I can possibly do to help with any of these suggestions, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll not ask for something I'm not prepared to work for.

P.S. Oh yes, and bring back the CAA Yearbook!
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby Photosoph » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:17 pm

I never really saw the CAA Yearbook. o_O Must have been before my time.
I think those are some really well-thought out suggestions Zarn; I know I'm not a mod, but I really like what you've suggested.
An 'Art Discussion board'; that would be great. Somewhere where people could ask questions and post how-to's.

Perhaps if the 'Art Contests forum' was just changed to a 'Contests forum', poetry contests, if approved by Mods, could be put there. However, poetry is one of the major topics of the Writing section; poetry, short stories and fiction make up the bulk of what goes in there, and I'd say poetry posted there makes up almost half. ^_^ I love the writing forum...

I'd love to support something for CAA; to give something back. I'd also love to help, if I can; but I don't know how to give something back.
The only thing I can think of would be to become one of the people who regularly visit the prayer requests forum and pray for people there; that's something I should be doing more. Also, just being friendly and helpful and kind; so far that's something we can already do, even if it's something that seems small.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:20 pm

Zarn Ishtare wrote:I'd also support (I.E, with cash) CAA having its own booth at a con. I'd love to see some of you guys over here at a Con on the East Coast!

While I am all for that idea, I would assume that would be very difficult, especially for mods; both financially and time-wise.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby samuraidragon » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:28 pm

As far as the images in banners go, what about having something similar to the avatar uploader, with restrictions on size and dimensions, and it would place it automatically at the bottom of the sig. If they stay fairly small, it shouldn't be a huge hit on bandwidth I would think, but I have little knowledge of such things.
-マックスウェル

samuraidragon

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:43 am

[quote="Mr. SmartyPants"]While I am all for that idea, I would assume that would be very difficult, especially for mods]

I don't think it would be that hard...I know Doe and I have a local con that we go to Every August... and I believe that there are a few CAA members that live in this state as well.. we could all get together and discuss things we can do..

like I know a lot of CAAers are going to Otakon and stuffs...you guys could pull something off as well.

This would be an awesome thing if we had CAA mercandise...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:46 am

ChristianRonin wrote:This would be an awesome thing if we had CAA mercandise...

I thought we had
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Previous Next

Return to Announcements and Feedback