Your Opinions Needed!

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

RE:opinions needed

Postby Guardianking500 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:51 pm

JadeFox wrote:I dunno how this will be recieved but could we have a relationship advice section where people give Godly advice for relationships

I just went thru an awful breakup it would be useful

only god can give advice we must do what we can to hear his words and know what he wants. but if you need advice, look to one who has wisdom and will hear you out that is all one can do. even the foolish.
Guardianking500

Postby meboeck » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:07 pm

warriorking500 wrote:only god can give advice we must do what we can to hear his words and know what he wants. but if you need advice, look to one who has wisdom and will hear you out that is all one can do. even the foolish.

It's important to look to God, but God can use people to speak. Maybe there could be just a general advice forum in the Christian Growth area? I've seen a lot of advice threads in general about various things. I think Christian Growth would probably be a good place for those threads, but there's not a specific place for them.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:09 pm

meboeck wrote:It's important to look to God, but God can use people to speak. Maybe there could be just a general advice forum in the Christian Growth area? I've seen a lot of advice threads in general about various things. I think Christian Growth would probably be a good place for those threads, but there's not a specific place for them.

There is the Testimonies and Spiritual Growth forum. I suppose that could be a place to start looking.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby meboeck » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:17 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:There is the Testimonies and Spiritual Growth forum. I suppose that could be a place to start looking.

Most people don't seem to use that for advice though. If that is going to be used for advice threads, it should probably be labeled so people know to post there.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:59 am

We've considered a forum of that sort in the past. However, there was some concern that CAA could be legally liable if someone acted upon that advice and had poor results, in addition to other concerns about wanting to provide a place for solid advice, not just another forum in which everyone posts their opinion. As you can all observe, such a forum was not created.

That doesn't mean the idea is immediately refused, because I'm just telling you some of the situation, not making a decision. We'll see.
uc pseudonym

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:47 pm

UC, can we do what this radio show does? (it's called Dawson Mcallister, LIVE and it's a teen call-in show on many Christian Radio stations around the country.

They have like a disclaimer that says "We aren't professionals and we are only giving our opinion based on our interpretation on scripture, as well as our personal experience." (or something like that)

Maybe if you had a disclaimer where the description of the thread is?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:18 pm

That matter will have to be discussed as an administration whenever we begin talking about how to implement these opinions.
uc pseudonym

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:45 am

I'd also like to see my AMV of the month thread stickied.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:59 pm

I think that the general view of the reviews is more or less viewed as a Christian perspective on secular titles, which is why there has been no distinct effort to get reviews for things like Superbook or Flying House (haven't heard of Elias). As for Steelblood, it was an online manga and hence did not fall into the scope of our reviews... however, when it is published perhaps we'll consider if it should be reviewed.
uc pseudonym

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:35 am

And besides, as far as I know, neither of those are on DVD yet. :mutter:
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby faithfighter » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:32 pm

we have a writting section, but it would be cool if we could have a fan fiction section as well!

otherwise CAA is awesome!
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby Ashley » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:22 pm

To all you outspoken CAA'ers:

I have personally tallied all the requests in this thread, and there are 68 original suggestions (I say that because I put tallies next to requests that were seconded, thirded, etc.)

Thanks for all your efforts! We'll get to discussing the options and let you know the outcomes as soon as is feasible.
Ashley

Postby bigsleepj » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:37 pm

I hope this is not too late, but I've seen that some sites have something called "Postcards", where you can send to people (both on the forums and not part of the forums) pictures with little messages with them, much like real post cards. Would the implimentation of such a thing be too complicated? :)
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby TriezGamer » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:49 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Another suggestion just popped up.

How about limiting the characters in signatures to like...well, less than it is now? It seems like most of the scrolling I do on the forums is to get past the x-number of pages-long signatures. XD

I do know about hiding signatures altogether, but the thing is that I don't mind signatures if they're small or if they don't have gigantic font-sizes in them. It's just weird when I see someone's post and think it's huge, when in reality, they just have a signature that drags on for WAY too long. XD

I'm glad someone brought this up. I absolutely loathe large signatures (my own is about the extent of what I like to see) -- but I know a lot of people don't mind them.

I propose a solution that may or may not be easy to implement ( I don't have the experience in coding to know ) -- An option, similar to 'hide signatures' which would be 'truncate signatures' and only display the first 200-300 characters of a signature (or possibly first 4-5 lines, but I'm not sure how that would work with word-wrap). Signatures that are truncated could end in a link that would expand the signature to show the entire signature if desired.

Otherwise a 'signature ignore list' could be handy. :P
Embraced by a gentle breeze, my heart breaks as I think of you.
All alone at the top of the hill, I watch as the seasons go by.
--
Wishing for courage softly, I pray.
There's no going back now, to those tender days when you held me in your arms.

MOES "I can has Sane Sig now?"
TriezGamer

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:58 pm

yet an other last minute suggestion

how about a stickied music news thread not pertaining to any one particular style or band so that whenever someone finds out some new tour dates for a band or a release date for a cd or something they can post it in the thread
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Ashley » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:24 pm

Ok, your suggestions were added, but I'm cutting it off here! We'll get back to you guys ASAP.
Ashley

Previous

Return to Announcements and Feedback