Your Opinions Needed!

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Your Opinions Needed!

Postby Ashley » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:31 pm

2007 is quickly approaching, and with it comes CAA's 6th birthday. This year, I want to do something different:

I want to know what YOU want for CAA in 2007! New forums, new features, new contests, new content...where do you want us to go, what do you want us to be doing? What have you seen other forums do that you'd like us to do as well? I'm willing to give any and all ideas equal airtime, no matter how outrageous or miniscule.

So please consider giving us your feedback and ideas by replying to this thread by December 31st. Thank you for your continued support; with your help, we can make CAA even better than ever!
Ashley

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:49 pm

I would like to see new skins. Not just one, but maybe like...a dark and a light, like before. Somethin' with some color, ne?

I'd also like to see more reviews. There's a lot of anime out there...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:01 pm

Waaaaaaah..... that's great Ashley (tackle-glomp)!

Hmm, I think since there's a CAA radio, there should be like a fan sub type thingi. Or, like for the rpgs on here. That'll be so great! That way, us aspiring voice actresses can showcase our talent. Or at least... try ^_^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:42 pm

I may be asking the impossible here, but is the server stable enough to let us have pictures in our sigs again?
Kawaiikneko

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:50 pm

hm.... let ssee.. I like the new skins idea, but I guess it all depends on what Mithrandir-san can do...

New forums...wow CAA has so much...is there anything left to ask for? O_o;
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby For_Him » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:46 pm

Personally, I'd like to see an improvement in the RPG forums. Instead of just story-based games, there should be something that can allow players to play games like d20 games. A click of the mouse on a little button, and the computer rolls the dice, and the result is recorded, and cannot be changed. The same thing goes for the GM.
Brother of Sparx00.

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: BCMac87

[SIZE="4"]My YouTube Channel[/SIZE]
For_Him

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:08 pm

Kawaiikneko wrote:I may be asking the impossible here, but is the server stable enough to let us have pictures in our sigs again?

I think the reason is that it's simply too expensive, as it increases bandwith.

I would love to see an Asian movie review database, as well as the game review database. =D
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Puguni » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:16 pm

More gaaaames.
Maybe even a paintchat room for us artists.

Will add more later.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:18 pm

I would say I would like to see a more flexible treatment of the arts. Currently we have a gallery but no section to discuss art and techniques or tutorials. We have a place to SHOW art but nowhere to talk about making it and the myriad aspectos of that process.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby SnoringFrog » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:56 pm

Higher character count limits, especially in the writing section, would be awesome. They're not as needed otehr places (although we've had some pretty long posts in topics under General that I've come across before), but I really think we need them in the writing section.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby SP1 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:31 pm

[quote="Ashley"]2007 is quickly approaching, and with it comes CAA's 6th birthday. This year, I want to do something different:

I want to know what YOU want for CAA in 2007! New forums, new features, new contests, new content...where do you want us to go, what do you want us to be doing? What have you seen other forums do that you'd like us to do as well? I'm willing to give any and all ideas equal airtime, no matter how outrageous or miniscule.

So please consider giving us your feedback and ideas by replying to this thread by December 31st. Thank you for your continued support]

I'd like to see a User Set-up Option that allows forums to be listed by Thread Start Date order, instead of the current order, which is by most recent post. You can do this during a search, but not for general forum viewing. This feature would be useful especially in the Prayer Forum, where it's important to see new requests, not so much everyone's replies to them.

An Ashley forum that consisted only of pictures of you would probably be very well received. ;)
"Those who believe will be saved...so they say. Get it?"
Sister Rosette Christopher

Sorry ladies, already married to HitomiYuriko , but it took both our efforts to come up with daughter Althaia

Please use the Haibane Renmei Lesson Plan

MOES: Can't scroll this.
SP1

Postby rocklobster » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:34 pm

fater review updates. I've got lots of reviews that haven't been printed yet.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:49 pm

I second MSP's game review database idea and throw one out for Music reviews as well
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Aka-chan » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:56 pm

I'd really, really like the art forum back. There's a thread about it in the suggestions forum, but I don't believe a mod has ever posted on it. The gallery is just too overrun with doodles and multiple posts in a row; I feel like it should be a place to post a well-finished work once in a while rather than an "art" dump.

Also, if possible, I'd like the original Bishie thread moved to maybe the Anime forum and the Jrock pics to the Jam Session so they can be preserved as picture resources. I mean, the CLAMP pic thread's in the Anime forum, so it wouldn't be inconsistent with policy.
Aka-chan

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:15 pm

[quote="Aka-chan"]I'd really, really like the art forum back. There's a thread about it in the suggestions forum, but I don't believe a mod has ever posted on it. The gallery is just too overrun with doodles and multiple posts in a row]

Seconded.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:18 pm

I think it would be cool to have the art corner back as well...but still keep the gallery...^^;

Umm I just thought of somethings!! I noticed that we used to have a CAA merchandise store...can we revive that? And maybe have some of our artists submit some new designs to make? Maybe a contest and the winners get free t-shirts with their designs?

It would probably cost some money...but it would be a really cool way to get the word out!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:19 pm

i have no idea if this would be doable, but there is such a huge community of creative people here, between the musicians, writers, and visual artists, i think that in addition to having sub-forums for discussion of art and music an idea you might try would be to show off some of the art on the forum's home page at random, sort of like how it is on the forum page, except just at random, this way everyone who posts gets a chance at having their art exhibited
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Ashley » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:27 pm

Wow, thanks everyone! Keep the suggestions coming, it's really going to help!

An Ashley forum that consisted only of pictures of you would probably be very well received.

I just couldn't resist telling you an immediate negative. I highly doubt my boyfriend would appreciate all the members oggling at me. ^^;;
Ashley

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:13 pm

Yeshua-Knight wrote:i have no idea if this would be doable, but there is such a huge community of creative people here, between the musicians, writers, and visual artists, i think that in addition to having sub-forums for discussion of art and music an idea you might try would be to show off some of the art on the forum's home page at random, sort of like how it is on the forum page, except just at random, this way everyone who posts gets a chance at having their art exhibited

Maybe have featured submissions each month? Like, featured art, writing, music, whatever. And then put them on the front page.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Mr. Rogers » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:48 pm

I think there is still tons of potential left in CAA. Keep up the suggestions and let's keep building this place up and getting the word out. Unfortunately, I am too tired right now, so I will post some suggestions later. ~__~
Mr. Rogers

Postby Nate » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:54 am

Every Friday should be renamed Nateday and everyone must post at least one reason why I am so awesome on that day. Also, all new members should have to perform a daring stunt to be allowed to join including (but not limited to) eating an entire can of Cheez Whiz while riding a moped on a tightrope over a shark tank.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Maledicte » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:56 am

More mods would be nice.
Maledicte

Postby SnoringFrog » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:19 am

A section for more serious discussions would be nice. We've been putting them in general, but I'd really like to have the threads that normally result in longer or more in-depth and thought out posts to have their own section.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:06 am

Do you think a new CAA Yearbook could be put up?
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:12 am

I was going to suggest a video game review section, but I think that's already in the works. ^_^
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:56 am

SirThinks2Much wrote:More mods would be nice.

Somemore mods might be nice to help cut back on trolls. Mostly so there is always someone on. I constently hit the place where no mods are on and there is a troll on >_<......yeah thats no fun
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Myoti » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:04 am

I'm another in favor of:

-getting the game review database up and

-bringing back the art forum. The gallery is a good idea and all, but it's more difficult to really discuss actual art there.

Personally, I'd like to see an improvement in the RPG forums. Instead of just story-based games, there should be something that can allow players to play games like d20 games. A click of the mouse on a little button, and the computer rolls the dice, and the result is recorded, and cannot be changed. The same thing goes for the GM.

That would interesting, as well.
Myoti

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:00 pm

I am for more mods as well...but too many more...maybe this time include members who are on a lot.. or maybe some of our friends from around the country who are on at like 4 am here in america. Possibly some Aussie or African peeps. ^_^...or both! XD

Also...maybe an advice thread that is more than the prayer request thread?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

What I want fpr the CAA

Postby Shogun12 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:04 pm

hi,
I think we should bring back the CAA knights. There are so many perverts online nowadays I think its a good measure to take
Shogun 12
Alot of teens have tried smoking pot. I know, I've smelled it in my high schools bathroom stalls. Everytime I come out of one of them, some gang guys come and ask if they can have a joint. I just stare at them for awhile and walk off. If you're one of those "few" who don't smoke either, then copy and paste this in your signature.

BILBO'S LAST SONG:

Day is ended, dim my eyes,
but journey long before me lies.
Farewell, Friends! I hear the call.
The ship's beside the stony wall.
Foam is white and waves are grey;
beyond the sunset leads my way.
Foam is salt, the wind is free;
I hear the rising of the sea.

Farewell, Friends! The sails are set,
the wind is east, the moorings fret.
Shadows long before me lie,
beneath the everbending sky,
but islands lie behind the Sun,
that I shall rise ere all is done;
lands there are to west of West,
where night is quiet and sleep is rest.

Guided by the lonely star,
beyond the utmost harbour bar
I'll find the havens fair and free,
and beaches of the Starlit Sea.
Ship, my ship! I seek the west,
and fields, and mountains ever blest.
Farewell to middle earth at last.
I see the star above your mast.

JRR TOLKEIN

Check out my msn Space:
http://spaces.msn.com/members/c-crib3
Shogun12

Postby Nami » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:09 pm

[quote="ChristianRonin"]I think it would be cool to have the art corner back as well...but still keep the gallery...^^]

That would be awesome, I wouldn't have a problem coming up with an idea for merchandise.

Yeah, more Mods would be nice.. XD I understand there are only a few here, and it must be hard to keep everything under control ^^
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Next

Return to Announcements and Feedback