[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
The Closing of the Bump Thread - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

The Closing of the Bump Thread

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

The Closing of the Bump Thread

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:50 pm

After several warnings—even one that is currently up on the front page by Ark—the staff has been driven to make a decision. The truth is that we, the staff, have not stringently policed this thread because it moves so quickly that no one had the time to keep up with it. We, therefore, put our faith in all of you as members to respect the standards of this site and the reputation of Christ which is directly affect by our conduct. Most unfortunately, as we looked through some of the dialogue and actions taking place here, we were very surprised to find the kind of flirtation and e-romance that we have so stringently been cracking down upon. This is not the final frontier of CAA. It is not the last mod-less corner of the universe. It was a place where we let you guys have the freedom to have fun, believing that this trust would be rewarded by responsible behavior. Unfortunately, that has not been the case. The staff, and Ark particularly who just made an announcement to give yet another chance to those who have violated CAA standards in the past, is disappointed to have to shut down such a popular part of the site, but—guys, enough is enough. We’re tired of having to play cops and robbers here.

This thread, like all of CAA, is a gift and a privilege extended from those who worked so hard to created it (Think of the mods who have been around since the MSN boards and Mith and Eire who are actually are so kind as care for all aspects of our hosting and web wrangling). This privilege, like all others, is extended in a covenant of trust. When that trust is abuse, that privilege is lost. In the past, we’ve warned you guys what breaking the rules will result in. Now, we’re forced to prove that we meant what we said. This thread does not reflect Jesus, and it cannot, therefore continue to be a fixture of a site which exists, in many ways, to facilitate that goal.

To those of you who have posted only that which was wholesome and pleasing to God in this thread: thank you. We really do appreciate all that you do to make CAA better, and I am very sorry that you will not have access to this thread. Since we can’t say that some people can use a thread when others cannot, we are forced to level this punishment on everyone. However, we hope that you know that we appreciate you and that, despite our decision, you will continue to be the wonderful, constructive members that you have been through the history of CAA.

Simply: The staff has made the decision to close the bump thread. The chat, we remind you, exists in the same covenant of trust. We do not wish to remove it as we have been forces to removed this thread, but we are much more willing to make that decision than to allow Jesus to be defamed by our actions on this board. I understand that many of you will be upset by this decision, but, even as you are upset, I encourage you to think for a moment why the behavior within these threads has not upset you more than the punishment for that inappropriate behavior.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:25 pm

Understandable, Manga. Let me know if you need any encouragement, I've Pm'd you my IM handles for that express purpose.

Lets not play the blame game people, let us just accept this and move on with our lives.

God Bless.
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:16 pm

Eh, doesn't matter. I don't know what went on there, and I rarely visit there, but I feel for the people who were reasonable in that thread.

While we're on it - how about ditching the "I'm married" type threads and "How to kill the person below you" type of threads. They may be in the name of so called "fun" but they are either annoying or just plain morbid and sexual and give people a screwed up vision of being a Christian. Just my two cents.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Nate » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:43 pm

Out of curiosity (though I expect a negative answer), what would be the odds of one of the old "shoutbox" goof off threads being allowed to be resurrected, perhaps with a bit more mod control? I understand why you closed the Bump Thread (which is why I expect a negative answer), but the Bump Thread was really the only place some of us got to fellowship with each other, and without it or the shoutbox, it cuts off some of us from our friends (for example, I know one person on the thread I talked to, whose mom does not allow them to talk with males on any IM programs).

Just wondering.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Joshua Christopher » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:30 am

...you will continue to be the wonderful, constructive members that you have been through the history of CAA.

Stop spreading lies about me. :(
Joshua Christopher

Postby Kura Ookami » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:09 am

When Eirewolf said that some of us would be getting a pm from the mods/admins all of us who were in the bump thread at the time wondered what we could have done wrong, what rule we might have broken. That would indicate that many of us didn't know we had broken a rule at all. That would suggest ignorance on our part. Not a wilful disobedience of the rules.

There was only one warning that I personally am aware of and that didn't pertain to the bump thread, but to the chat and it wasn't clear that the problem wasn't perverted comments instead of flirting in itself. I personally thought that that announcement was about perverted comments, not about flirting.

I disagree with how you've done things with regard to the bump thread. I feel that you could have first made it clear that the problem was flirting not neccessarily perverted comments in the annoncement ShatterheartArk made. Second you could have made it clear that the same rules that apply to the chat apply also to the bump thread. Perhaps a rules page could have been posted that could then have been linked to to instruct people on what the rules were.

Thirdly a mod/admin might have posted in the bump thread itself saying what the rules are and explain to anyone who didn't understand.(or posting a link to the aforementioned page. Fourth pm several members that used the bump thread regularly to make sure they know what the rules are. Adding more mods whose primary purpose is to police the bump thread might have been another measure that could have been implemented, before the fith option wwhich would be to temporarily lock the bump thread so as to ensure everyone got the message. If all that doesn't work then by all means permanantly lock the thread. Reminders at certain intervals would have also been a good idea.

Note that i do agree with locking the thread, just not the way you have handled it.

I agree with Nate. The goof off thread was a great place for christian fellowship for several of us. Please consider either reopening the bump thread or reviving a shoutbox thread or creating a new oneperhaps after pming those members who broke the rules with specific examples oif how they broke them. I think creating a new one where the rules are prominently displayed on the first post might be a good idea so we don't forget them. Bascially all my suggestions are for ensuring we the members do know the rules and that the rules are clear.

*hopes i won't be banned for disgreeing with how the mods/admins have handled this*
Absence is to love as wind is to a flame. It extinguishes the little, it ignites the great.

Life is a test. It is only a test. Had this been real life you would have have been instructed where to go and what to do.

When i argue with reality I lose.....But only 100% of the time.

Once you've decided on a course of action, only you can finish it. As long as you remember that, there's nothing you can't accomplish.
Kura Ookami

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:27 am

Kura Ookami wrote:There was only one warning that I personally am aware of and that didn't pertain to the bump thread, but to the chat and it wasn't clear that the problem wasn't perverted comments instead of flirting in itself.

I hate to spark forth argument, but I doubt you can be fully sure that unless you actually read every single post on every single page on the bump thread. Doing so would be a feat that would take you quite a while, as with the continuous spamming on that thread forces you to read through like 45 pages of posts just to go to a different day.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Jack Bond » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:47 am

Whoa, whoa. Since when was there flirting in the bump thread?

And also, these rules and threads about no flirting really tick me off, however you're totally right and I'll try harder to do my part in keeping CAA clean.
Jack Bond

Postby God's Samurai » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:14 am

I'm not sure if I had a hand in the death of the Bump Thread or not but I would like to formally extend a public apology if I did. It was never my intent to do anything deemed inappropriate and if I did, I truely am sorry. If I helped cause this I expect a message acknowledging it. The Bump was where I spent...acctually all of my time here and I hate to see it go, though I agree with the reasons behind it. Again I'm sorry if my actions merited this response.

Sincerly,
Eric.
I'm Loved

Akane wrote:Aww, you're sweet, too ^-^

Sun.Ice-tea wrote:I think you're awesome and funny...

Kura wrote:XD yes, Eric is awesome and funny ^o^/

See. Told ya I'm loved!

Proverb 31:30 wrote:Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.

Adopted By: Akane

Read my LiveJournal Darnit! I mean if you want to...Wait NO! YOU'RE ORDERED TO! Kukukukuku!

[quote="Napoleon Bonaparte "]I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I, founded empires. But on what did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love]
God's Samurai

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:36 am

Kura Ookami wrote:When Eirewolf said that some of us would be getting a pm from the mods/admins all of us who were in the bump thread at the time wondered what we could have done wrong, what rule we might have broken. That would indicate that many of us didn't know we had broken a rule at all. That would suggest ignorance on our part. Not a wilful disobedience of the rules.

There was only one warning that I personally am aware of and that didn't pertain to the bump thread, but to the chat and it wasn't clear that the problem wasn't perverted comments instead of flirting in itself. I personally thought that that announcement was about perverted comments, not about flirting.

I hate to do this, but I just can't really accept "ignorance" as a defense here. It is not as though the issue of flirtation on the boards has not been addressed. Why were we so adament about it in the chat? Because we have board rules and some people treated those rules as though they did not extend to the chat. That is not the case. Furthermore, even if we were to accept your premise--that we had only talked about "no flirting" in relation to the chat-- it is clear that those would not just be standards that were held only or one area of the site and not others (ESPECIALLY in light of the reasons for condemning that kind of behavior.) Afterall, if I tell you in the living room "Don't kick the dog," doesn't it go without saying that you can't kick the dog in the kitchen? (And if you're thinking "Well, if you said 'The kicking of the dog in the living room must stop,' then no. But the truth is that what was said was that the standards of CAA were being voilated in the chat. Standards apply to the site as a whole were being broken within the chat.)

I disagree with how you've done things with regard to the bump thread. I feel that you could have first made it clear that the problem was flirting not neccessarily perverted comments in the annoncement ShatterheartArk made.

As a mod, I can just tell you that I could not count the number of "No flirting" comments we have had to make. I cannot count them. Furthermore, I hate to say this, but Ark's post was crystal clear concerning the fact that flirting was a major problem that was being addressed, as in evidenced in the fact that he said:
It has come to the staffs attention that there is a ton of e-flirting going on in the chat.
I don't really know how else someone can read that comment but to think that the problem was, indeed, flirting. Which it partly was.

Second you could have made it clear that the same rules that apply to the chat apply also to the bump thread. Perhaps a rules page could have been posted that could then have been linked to to instruct people on what the rules were.

Again, is that really necessary? Do we have to put up announcements on the front page saying "Hey guys, here are the rules: 1) no cursing the chat. 2)no cursing on the boards. 3) no cursing the bump thread. 4) no flirting in the chat. 5) no flirting on the boards. 6) no flirting in the bump thread. Why would we hold standards to one part of the site that we do not hold to another? Afterall, we don't think up rules for fun. They're hard to enforce. When we create rules, it's not foster a certain atmosphere. Why should that apply to only a certain section of the board?

Thirdly a mod/admin might have posted in the bump thread itself saying what the rules are and explain to anyone who didn't understand.(or posting a link to the aforementioned page.

Again, I feel that our feeling on internet flirtation have been made abundantly clear in the last six months.

Fourth pm several members that used the bump thread regularly to make sure they know what the rules are.

We don't post the rules in every thread. We leave the responsibility of understanding the rules to our members. This problem does not occur in the other threads. Just this one.

Adding more mods whose primary purpose is to police the bump thread might have been another measure that could have been implemented, before the fith option

When a thread come to the point that you have to add more mods to keep it in line, it gets closed. That's just policy.

I agree with Nate. The goof off thread was a great place for christian fellowship for several of us. Please consider either reopening the bump thread or reviving a shoutbox thread or creating a new oneperhaps after pming those members who broke the rules with specific examples oif how they broke them. I think creating a new one where the rules are prominently displayed on the first post might be a good idea so we don't forget them. Bascially all my suggestions are for ensuring we the members do know the rules and that the rules are clear.

We want the board to be a place of Christian fellowship, but a thread where standards of propriety are broken is a not a place of fellowship. I wouldn't say "Yeah, let's all fellowship together. I'll bring the drugs." When a conversation ceases to be edifying, I don't believe it can truly be an instance of real fellowship.

*hopes i won't be banned for disgreeing with how the mods/admins have handled this*

Don't worry. We don't ban people for respectfully disagreeing. I would have locked this thread if I didn't care to hear what people have to say. I don't agree with what you've said, but I certainly won't ban you for having an opinion that differs from mine. ^_____^
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Stephen » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:52 am

Let me make an analogy again that I made in the chat. A mother spends all day cleaning her house, and her kids come home. She tells the kids, "Hey get those shoes off, don't track up the kitchen!" Should she have to tell the kids not to stomp mud in the living room too? Or would a proper mature assumption have been "Hey, I should not stomp mud anywhere" We are not here to babysit. We got complaints over issues, and we dealt with them. People need to stop giving Osaka a bag over this. She did not act alone. The staff backed her decision.
Stephen

Postby Debitt » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:00 am

While I didn't visit the bump thread often (or at all), I trust the mods made an informed decision regarding its fate. At the same time, I'm very upset to hear that the actions of a few ruined the thread for the entire board.

Would it be sowing the seeds for more problems if another chat thread was started in the future? I know a lot of CAA'ers enjoyed the chattyness of the Bump Thread.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:05 am

While I visited the Bump Thread Occasionally, I wasn't a HUGE part of it. I realize that many had fun there...but when that "fun" turns into something that doesn't honor God, then I agree with the mods, it should be closed.

Our life doesn't revolve around the Bump thread you guys, sure it was fun...but...when the fun was taken the extreme, and turned into what it was turned into, does it really have a place on CAA?

As Christians we shouldn't be angry about this. In everything we do, we should do it to honor God. Not just in Church or around our parents, but everywhere. Everything that we do is supposed to reflect Christ. Are threads and Chats that are full of flirting and the like (I am not sure about what went on but..it must have been bad to be closed) reflecting Christ in the way that He should, and deserves to be reflected?

I guess it goes back to the cliche' (yet true saying) What Would Jesus Do?

I recall a skit that was acted out at a youth retreat I went to...about how people tried to keep God in a box while they did wrong things, thinking that he wouldn't see them..but you can't keep God in a box...he is ALWAYS around...he knows our hearts.

I totally agree with the staff. And I agree that "True Christian Fellowship" shouldn't include wrongful things...like Osaka said.

I am sorry if I offended anyone. I am not judging just saying what I believe..^^;
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:05 am

[quote="ChristianRonin"]While I visited the Bump Thread Occasionally, I wasn't a HUGE part of it. I realize that many had fun there...but when that "fun" turns into something that doesn't honor God, then I agree with the mods, it should be closed.

Our life doesn't revolve around the Bump thread you guys, sure it was fun...but...when the fun was taken the extreme, and turned into what it was turned into, does it really have a place on CAA?

As Christians we shouldn't be angry about this. In everything we do, we should do it to honor God. Not just in Church or around our parents, but everywhere. Everything that we do is supposed to reflect Christ. Are threads and Chats that are full of flirting and the like (I am not sure about what went on but..it must have been bad to be closed) reflecting Christ in the way that He should, and deserves to be reflected?

I guess it goes back to the cliche' (yet true saying) What Would Jesus Do?

I recall a skit that was acted out at a youth retreat I went to...about how people tried to keep God in a box while they did wrong things, thinking that he wouldn't see them..but you can't keep God in a box...he is ALWAYS around...he knows our hearts.

I totally agree with the staff. And I agree that "True Christian Fellowship" shouldn't include wrongful things...like Osaka said.

I am sorry if I offended anyone. I am not judging just saying what I believe..^^]

I completely agree with this post, and the mods' decision. I was never a witness to much of what went on in the Bump Thread (especially more recently) since I could barely even enter it anymore (it would take like, 5 minutes to open), but I fully trust the mods in their decision here. I mean, what if new members came to CAA, and the first thing they saw was some sort of off-color comment or flirting, or something like that? It certainly wouldn't portray the site's name well.

Secondly, it's no different from that event several months ago, when a parent found some things s/he really didn't like about certain flirtatious remarks and "actions". That could have turned into a much bigger mess than it did, and I believe that's what sparked the first warning about flirting on CAA, not to mention fake marriages, etc (at least, the first warning that I saw). So yeah, we all just need to remember that we're representing Christ here, and we should act accordingly.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Kura Ookami » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:27 am

I hope i didn't offend anyone also. I'm not against the mods/admins here. I was just saying what i believed.
Absence is to love as wind is to a flame. It extinguishes the little, it ignites the great.

Life is a test. It is only a test. Had this been real life you would have have been instructed where to go and what to do.

When i argue with reality I lose.....But only 100% of the time.

Once you've decided on a course of action, only you can finish it. As long as you remember that, there's nothing you can't accomplish.
Kura Ookami

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:14 pm

Kura Ookami wrote:I hope i didn't offend anyone also. I'm not against the mods/admins here. I was just saying what i believed.

I'm sure you didn't offend anyone. :)

Mangafanatic

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:21 pm

you didn't offend me! ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby QtheQreater » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:58 pm

I get the uncomfortable feeling that we regular bumpers are gaining a bad reputation. Let me just mention that while I fully support the mods decision, the things mentioned seem to have been blown out of proportion(not by the mods, who have it right, but by other members who've never seen what was actually posted). There was stuff going on, yes, but most of us did our best to stop it. And I'm not sure it's as bad as the non-mods think. Please, do not judge those who only posted in the bump thread. I fear that a few of them might never post again on the CAA if they see some of the posts about how horrible the bump thread was, and by association how distasteful the ones who regularly posted in it are.

Don't mean to start a fight, just want you all to know about that...not sure that everyone here realizes how many members solely and only used the bump thread as means of communicating with other CAA members. Heck, the reason I did that was because of things that were happening in the chat.
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:12 pm

Well, this is a shame...even though I only posted in the bump thread once or twice. I have three questions...

1. How many posts did the thread get up to before shutdown?

2. With all due respect, was this announcement really needed? I mean, threads are closed on a daily basis with no big announcements, so why make such a big hoopla over this one? It's just another thread, and once more, it's in the GOOF OFF section!

3. Just what/who the heck are the Admins and Mods of the forum...I never really knew... or had much need to know, other than to placitate my growing curiosity.(Forviveness!)
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Ashley » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:24 pm

1. How many posts did the thread get up to before shutdown?

It's actually one of our biggest, oldest threads (right up there with the "post your picture" thread). Osaka's closing post was #182441. That's massive!

2. With all due respect, was this announcement really needed? I mean, threads are closed on a daily basis with no big announcements, so why make such a big hoopla over this one? It's just another thread, and once more, it's in the GOOF OFF section!

Actually, yes, it was, for a number of reasons. First, we staffers would never hear the end of the PMs about it if we didn't make some corporate announcement. Secondly, we purposefully wanted to make a big deal of it to illustrate how serious we are about this issue. Just stop for a moment and think about all the other issues intertwined with it: defaming of Christ's name, like Osaka brought up; the image portrayed to newcomers/new believers; sexual harassment/stalkers; these are very real issues that had to be dealt with swiftly and severely.

Finally, this thread was a big part of CAA's "culture." None of us are denying that, and since it DID have such a history, it deserved to have a fitting closure.

3. Just what/who the heck are the Admins and Mods of the forum...I never really knew... or had much need to know, other than to placitate my growing curiosity.(Forviveness!)

They would be (in no particular order, just who I think of):
myself, Ashley (creator)
Mangafanatic
Yumie
ShatterheartArk
Mithrandir
Eirewolf
UC Pseudonym
Gypsy
Shooraijin
Lightbringer
Inkhana and ShiroiHikari used to serve as well, but have since resigned.

Basically, anyone with a blue (moderator) or red (administrator) name is a staffer. We're hoping to get a staff box page up here pretty soon, to help ease all that.

As a final remark, I appreciate deeply the maturity and positive attitudes I've seen in most of you. Really, we don't LIKE being mean, it's just part of our job sometimes. Shepherds (and shepherdesses) carry staffs for a reason.
Ashley

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:28 pm

Ashley wrote:Shepherds (and shepherdesses) carry staffs for a reason.

There's just one thing I have to say about that...

Baaaa....:lol:
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Joshua Christopher » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:06 pm

Everything all of you say offends me. :stressed:
Joshua Christopher

Postby Stephen » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:04 pm

You will survive Joshua. If people are offended, I must be doing my job right. ^^
Stephen

Postby Jack Bond » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:17 am

I still haven't seen any kind of flirting from the bump thread. What are you guys talking about?
Jack Bond

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:45 am

Jack Bond wrote:I still haven't seen any kind of flirting from the bump thread. What are you guys talking about?

I honestly doubt you've read every single page for the past couple months Jack... =p
Mr. SmartyPants

Ya Gotta Do What Ya Gotta Do

Postby richmonder27 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:37 pm

Just wanted to say, for what it's worth that I am also sorry you had to do this, but better that you did take action than just wait and see "forever". I respect this web site as a place for honesty and forthright reviews as well as a place for Christ followers/lovers who enjoy anime. And the last thing I want to see is things go downhill. So, do as you feel you are led to and thanks again for this site. It has been a huge help to me!
richmonder27

Postby Yumie » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:38 pm

Whether you've seen it or not, Jack, believe me, it's there. I won't point it out to you, because I'm not in the business of pointing fingers or publicly causing anyone greif for being involved, but the staff kept a close eye on it after we realized what was happening in there, and we saw ample reasons why the thread wasn't edifying. If you don't see it, you may just have to take our word for it. :)
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby WaffleMan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:56 pm

Perhaps a permanent shutting down of the thread is not in order, but a closing of it for say, half a year, and then reopening it with a warning. By that time perhaps people would have cooled their proverbial jets enough to use the thread the way it used to be used in the olden days. The days before mindless spamming. The days when presidents lasted for more than 6 hours. The days when poeple like Termyt had a post on every other page, not because they were online day and night, but because the thread moved slow enough that going on once a day would suffice. I have long longed for those old days, and perhaps it this closing were not permanant, but merely a lenghthy rest, this could be achieved.

Such is my advise
Can fault be found with it?
Remember the old days.
I beg this of you.
Be true to the true nature of the thread.
Such is my advise, please take my word for what my Word's worth.
Golden, Crispy, Bad guys are history. Yeah!

With my griddle of justice I bash the enemy in the head or burn him like so... *Places Griddle on face*
WaffleMan

Postby Stephen » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:16 pm

Uh. Can people stop fighting with the staff over this? Whats done is done. And it won't change. Threads like this are not an open invitation to argue with the staff. If that was the case, the board would be called "Debates" And not Annoucements. Sorry guys, it's dead and staying dead.
Stephen

Postby WaffleMan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:24 pm

I was merely making a suggestion. I was not arguing with the decision to close the thread. I believe that the staff has got that one right. But as Ashley said the thread is a part of the CAA culture, and if there were a way to exorcise the problems without getting rid of the entire thread I would think the staff might be interested.

I was not arguing with the staff. I making a suggestion to the staff to be considered or dismissed at their own discrecion.

But rather than a constructive response to what I intended as a respectful and constructive suggestion, I get accused of arguing?

I know that you in particular get alot of flack around here Shatterheart, and by this comment I do not mean to add to that. I simply think that the response given to my suggestion for the future (it was merely that, not an argument with the decision made) was a little brash. Would it have hurt to consider the suggestion and then give a good reason why it would not work rather than lashing out?

I know you are a reasonable person, so why protest to a politely given suggestion in such a manner?
Golden, Crispy, Bad guys are history. Yeah!

With my griddle of justice I bash the enemy in the head or burn him like so... *Places Griddle on face*
WaffleMan

Next

Return to Announcements and Feedback