Thanksgiving Wallpaper contest!

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Thanksgiving Wallpaper contest!

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:42 pm

That's right folks it's that time again. (Actually, it's past that time again. Sorry, I've been very busy.)

Anways, this month's wallpaper contest is very special, because it's a wallpaper contest being held jointly with Daystar Designs, which is run by our own Myrrhlynn! In light of the season, our wallpaper contest theme will be: Thankfulness!

And what does that involve, you may ask?

Well:
1)You must use a Bible verse in your wall. Not just any verse either. It has to be a verse about [Font="arial"]"Thankfulness."[/font] Something like "Give thanks to the Lord for he is good. His love endures forever," (Psalms 118:1) would work. The basic requirement here is that the subject of the verse being an expression of thankfulness to the Lord.

2) It must be 1024x768. Entries that do not follow these dimensional guidelines will be thrown out. I hate to be so strict about this, but no matter how many times I give this rule someone breaks it. Basically, at some point you just have to put your foot.

3) The entries must be manga or anime themed. No original characters or video game characters, please. :)

4) While this isn't a rule, I just wanted to mention that I and Myrrhlynn retain the right to throw out entries that don't meet the theme guidelines. No, we're not going to be Nazis about it, but half of the challenge is following the rules laid down. Allowing some entries to avoid jumping that hurdle would be unfair. Anyways, play by the rules, people.

5) All submissions should be in by midnight November, 30th!

Update!

5.5) All submissions should be placed in the wallpaper contest forum.

6) Have fun. There will be no negotiating on this point. :P
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Warrior4Christ » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:11 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:2) It must be 1026x768. Entries that do not follow these dimensional guidelines will be thrown out. I hate to be so strict about this, but no matter how many times I give this rule someone breaks it. Basically, at some point you just have to put your foot.

So 1024x768 isn't okay?
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby MyrrhLynn » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:42 pm

LOL I think she meant 1024x768. I'll PM her to change it. :lol:

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:21 pm

Warrior4Christ wrote:So 1024x768 isn't okay?

No! I'm very picky about my pixels! I want my two pixels, darn it!

Just kidding. I boo-boo'd. It is now corrected. Go back to your lives citizens. There's nothing to see here. ;)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby soul alive » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:55 am

Cool, I hope I can participate in this. Now I just have to get my photoshop text tool working...
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Joshua Christopher » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:03 pm

I'm going to make another MS Paint wallpaper. Hahahaha.
Joshua Christopher

Postby Kami » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:19 pm

I've been waiting for the next one of these. :3

-Kami
FKA snowangel kamui

The future has yet to be determined...

" OHMYGOSH. Maybe it IS THE PHARMACIST. " -Me

" I swear. Sony and Nintendo have been fighting for years. They're like two fat kids wanting the last cupcake on earth. " - Me

Please visit mine and Yeito's site :
www.akame.iwarp.com
Kami

Return to Announcements and Feedback