August Wallpaper Contest!

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

August Wallpaper Contest!

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:26 am

Hey everyone,

I sound like a broken record here, but, once again, I apologize for the inconsistency in these contests. While I was away working this summer, I had little to no time for running these contests, but I'll try my best to do better in the future.

Anways, apologies aside, this month's August theme is: Psalms! What does that mean, you ask? Well, part of the challenge this month will be working a complete verse of your choice from the Psalms into your wallpaper. The verse much be legible, and part of the criteria the judges will be judging the wall papers on will be just how effectively the images and verse mesh.

So, rules:
1) Entries must be 1024x768. I don't really have time to go back and check that every entry follows this rule, so, please understand, that if my "celebrity" judge discovers that your entry doesn't follow this rule-- it will be thrown out. I have to strict on this one. Sorry!

2) Entries can only contain images from an anime or manga. No original characters, please.

3) One entry per contestant. We want everyone to have a fair chance at this, and some people don't have time to make hundreds of entries.

4) All entries are to be submitted in the gallery to the "Wallpaper contest submissions".

5) Don't write on the ceiling. It's very hard to get off.

6) Have fun.

7) All entries must be submitted by midnight on August the 17.

Well, I hope everyone has fun with the contest, and I can't wait to see what you'll all submit!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kami » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:35 pm

^_^ I always look forward to these contests.... Good luck everyone.

-Kami
FKA snowangel kamui

The future has yet to be determined...

" OHMYGOSH. Maybe it IS THE PHARMACIST. " -Me

" I swear. Sony and Nintendo have been fighting for years. They're like two fat kids wanting the last cupcake on earth. " - Me

Please visit mine and Yeito's site :
www.akame.iwarp.com
Kami

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:35 pm

*creative block*
Shao Feng-Li

Postby soul alive » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:57 pm

Woot. I had just been wondering about the wallpaper contest. And I lub the theme; Psalms is my favorite OT book.

*runs off to go look for images*
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby meboeck » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:52 am

Wait... a complete chapter or a complete section/part?
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:22 pm

meboeck wrote:Wait... a complete chapter or a complete section/part?

Yumie asked this question too. Maybe I misstated this. You're only required to include a complete VERSE, not chapter. :P
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Reba » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:28 am

Seroisly...I put a whole Verse in there XD T.T

[SIZE="1"]A blue, black shade of love.

Sent from above.

[align=center]My hands are tied to worlds
alone,
And this I know.
Your breath's like wine,
And just like clouds, my skin crawls.
It's so divine, the sky it glows with fields of light.
Did you know that I love you?
Come and lay with me.
I love you.
And all this day, I will love you.
You make me feel alive,
and I'll love you
Until the end of time.[/SIZE][/align]
Reba

Return to Announcements and Feedback