[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Wall Contest Winner! - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Wall Contest Winner!

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Wall Contest Winner!

Postby Yumie » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:11 pm

So, let me start off by saying that I apologize for the delay in posting these results-- unfortunately, I've been away from home for the past six days with no access to a computer.

A big thanks to our guest judge for the month: Kokoro Daisuke! Here's her descision.

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:Man, it was difficult for me to choose a winner! ALL the wallpapers were absolutely gorgeous, so don't think that this was an easy decision for me to make! I spent a good chunk of time on Saturday and Sunday with all the wallpapers open in seperate windows, alt+tab-ing between them, trying to pick the best of th best. In the end, I chose our winner based on how well it fit the "summer time" theme, how original it was, and how well all the elements of the wallpaper worked together. So, without further ado, I'd like to announce that the winner for the May wallpaper contest is our very own

SHAO-FENG LI!!! <3

And, if I may, I'd also like to award a special prize to Joshua Christopher, for quite possibly having the most hilarious and original wallpaper ever to be entered in a CAA wallpaper contest!

Congrats to both of you!

Congratulations, Shao! For those of you who would like to see her entry, here's the link:

http://img274.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maycontestcopy9mm.jpg.

Excellent job to the rest of you who submitted as well, every entry was fabulous.
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:26 pm

Way to go there, Shao. :) *applauds* (Got a link to the entry so we can see it, Yumie? ^_^; )
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:34 pm

Congrats,and to echo the Melody Maker, can we see it?
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:41 am

I think she does deserve the winning spot! Good job! I also love Osakas. All of them were great
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Debitt » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:45 am

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:12 am

Thank you everyone! *YAY!*
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Joshua Christopher » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:11 pm

Fine. I accept my defeat.... but next time...
Joshua Christopher

Postby soul alive » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:36 am

Congratulations! Well done wall.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Return to Announcements and Feedback