[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Server Maintenance this Weekend - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Server Maintenance this Weekend

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Server Maintenance this Weekend

Postby Mithrandir » Fri May 26, 2006 5:04 pm

Hey All,

Just so you know, CAA may be offline for a hour or so every once in a while this weekend. I'm making some changes to the network here which will hopefully result in a faster, more well-ballenced system. Anyway, we had a total of an hour or so of downtime today (in a few minute chunks here and there), so if you saw that, sorry! ;)

- Mithrandir
Mithrandir

Postby Slater » Sat May 27, 2006 9:38 am

somebody set up us the bomb...?
Slater

Postby Mithrandir » Sat May 27, 2006 10:34 am

Funny you should mention that. A group of us were just watching that yesterday. Anyway, we shouldn't have any more major downtime (a few minutes here and there).

Last night we had a few minutes of downtime when the server rebooted for security updates. I had witnesses (or rather, an audience of fangirls and clive).

:D
Mithrandir

Postby Mithrandir » Mon May 29, 2006 10:50 am

OK. Just FYI: We'll be going down a bit later today to physically move the servers to a more air-conditioned environment. This is standard practice. Also, I'll be re-wiring the main network POS, so that will contribute to some downtime. Plan for about an hour, but expect about 20 - 30 minutes sometime in the next 3 or 4 hours.
Mithrandir

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue May 30, 2006 2:02 pm

Mithrandir wrote:I had witnesses (or rather, an audience of fangirls and clive).

I can and will solemnly swear that he speaks the truth. Especially about the fangirls bit.

By the way, you may be interested in this: I was looking through Jess's digital camera for pictures I wanted to send home, and there are a bunch of the server. Definitely one for the scrap book...
uc pseudonym

Postby Mithrandir » Tue May 30, 2006 5:05 pm

Ooh! Ooh! Send 'em!
Mithrandir

Postby Mave » Wed May 31, 2006 6:46 am

I wonder who those fangirls could be....(<.<);; (>.>);;

*sports a "Omigosh omigosh!! I've seen and touched the Great CAA server!" T-shirt*

..Great, now I've gone and posted here when I should be on my absence of leave. OldMith and UC, you two tempted me! Shame on ya! XD

*disappears*
Mave

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Wed May 31, 2006 9:10 am

Now now, you can't fault the butter for being too good to the nutter.

That was so Confucius like of me, I think I'm going to cry tears of my awesomeness.

Also, when does the server come back up, or has this already happened, Cap'n?
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed May 31, 2006 12:03 pm

I'll give Mithrandir the pleasure of fielding that one...

Mithrandir wrote:Ooh! Ooh! Send 'em!

Sorry, I didn't actually send those. I suppose Jess might still have them on her hard drive.

Mave wrote:..Great, now I've gone and posted here when I should be on my absence of leave. OldMith and UC, you two tempted me! Shame on ya! XD

Both of our characters get +2 evil points.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mithrandir » Wed May 31, 2006 5:13 pm

Uh oh. I'm only a few points away from an alignment shift now. Better find an old lady to help across the street. ;)

And yes, the server is "up" right now. I'll be moving it physically soon (lots of wiring issues we being funky, and I've got a class later this evening).
Mithrandir

Return to Announcements and Feedback