[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
friends list functionality... - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

friends list functionality...

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

friends list functionality...

Postby Takuya » Mon May 15, 2006 5:48 am

yeah... I've noticed that the friends list on here has absolutely NO use whatsoever... I think you should be able to click them and add them to a PM or mass PM and entire friends group/ list... not to mention being able to check out their profile card...

'nuff said...
Takuya

Location: Perhaps another time, another place. Where I am matters not, but who I am.

Postby mastersquirrel » Wed May 17, 2006 10:22 am

Takuya wrote:yeah... I've noticed that the friends list on here has absolutely NO use whatsoever... I think you should be able to click them and add them to a PM or mass PM and entire friends group/ list... not to mention being able to check out their profile card...

'nuff said...

Well, adding someone to your friends list allows you to see when they're on easier because of the '+'. The PM thing might be helpful, though if you have AutoComplete on (like me) then there's really no reason for you to have the list there for you to click on and add them.
mastersquirrel

Postby Takuya » Wed May 17, 2006 10:26 am

good point... but some of us (Like me) don't have autocomplete on their computer (Old and unstable OS)...
Takuya

Location: Perhaps another time, another place. Where I am matters not, but who I am.

Postby mastersquirrel » Wed May 17, 2006 10:33 am

Ah, that would do it then. Yeah, that'd be a useful feature for an older OS indeed.

Also, by viewing their profile card I assume you mean that you can't just click on their name in your friends list and see their card. Is that right?
mastersquirrel

Postby Mr. Rogers » Wed May 17, 2006 10:33 am

Takuya wrote:good point... but some of us (Like me) don't have autocomplete on their computer (Old and unstable OS)...
Autocomplete is based on your browser settings, not on your operating system.
Mr. Rogers

Postby Takuya » Wed May 17, 2006 10:40 am

well my IEXP is crappy and no other browser works on this computer... and nope... can't view their card just by clicking on them in my list... it's text only... look at yours...
Takuya

Postby mastersquirrel » Wed May 17, 2006 10:48 am

I was pretty sure IE XP had autocomplete...

Takuya wrote:and nope... can't view their card just by clicking on them in my list... it's text only... look at yours...

I know that, I was merely asking if that was what you meant.
mastersquirrel

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed May 17, 2006 5:00 pm

Would it be hard to make their names blink instead of having the +? That would make things even easier. I know nothing about PHP and next to nothing about html, so...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Mithrandir » Wed May 17, 2006 5:26 pm

Hmm... I'm going to say no to the blinking on principal. I made a comitment to myself a while back that I would - under no circumstance - use the horrible atrocity that is the "blink" tag in HTML. Would Italics be better?
Mithrandir

Postby Takuya » Wed May 17, 2006 5:49 pm

Maybe... or put them in light-blue or something... also... you removed the other skin, didn't you? -_- oh well...
Takuya

Return to Announcements and Feedback