Music Reviews

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Music Reviews

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:01 pm

It really sucks to go buy the new Nickle back album and discover it's nothing like the few songs you have downloaded. So to avoid anymore surprise attacks, what do you guys think of having a Music Reviews section?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:23 pm

yea i was thinking about asking about music reviews i think that would be a good idea
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Puguni » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:35 pm

That'd be awesome, actually. :D
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby everdred12a » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:08 pm

I think that would be a wonderful idea, especially since it seems like there's a new band out there every ten minutes....

everdred12a

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:21 pm

exactly Everdred and plus there are so many diversified tastes in music on this site i would be really smart to do this to open ppl up to new types of music

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Lynx » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:29 pm

i like the idea, since i'm always looking for new band recommendations within the genres i already like.
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:37 pm

ok, as much as i love music, and i do realize i'm prolly gonna get like dogpiled for this, but i really don't think this forum is really a good place for music reviews, unless they are reviews of anime ost's or something along those lines simply 'cus music is such a huge community unto itself that what you would really want is a forum that was specific to music

besides, if all else fails, ask someone in the chat or in the jam session section their opinion before buying, that always works for me
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:40 pm

Does anyone have a good music-reviews site we can recommend to people...?
Mithrandir

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:42 pm

I just figured people could write up reviews of their CD collections.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:39 am

Thats what i was also hoping for Shao but if that doesn't play put

http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com is good for christian cds
and
http://www.pluggedinonline.com is a decent choice for secular cd in a christian prespective

GrubbTheFragger

Postby everdred12a » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:19 am

I suppose that I can see where both sides are coming from, though I think a music review database would be a good addition. Though, with a music review database, it would probably be a good idea to have several people review the same cd. Many people here have different musical tastes.

For instance, I've noticed from the 'What Are You Listening To Now?' thread that Ark likes Rammstein. I like Rammstein as well, however I personally was disappointed by their newest album, while Ark seems to like it. It's two differing opinons, which could, in concept, give a better, more in-depth review. I'm not trying to start a debate with this little bit here, but it's just an example of why a music review database might be a good idea and how we could go about using it.

I don't trust online reviews too much because my taste in music tends to vary greatly from that of most reviewers'. Their cd of the year might be my most hated album of the year.

everdred12a

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:29 pm

Hmm. I didn't really think about reviews like that. I was mostly refferring to reviews that would list the songs to stay clear of. Sexual content, cussing, etc...
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mave » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:16 am

I agree, this isn't about preferences. If I may add, there isn't any Christian-based music reviews for JRock and Jpop so this proposition might help fill this void of need.
Mave

Return to Announcements and Feedback