Weird messages from CAA...

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Weird messages from CAA...

Postby Slater » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:12 pm

over the past week, twice I got a strange message when browsing CAA. My computer would start to run very slowly, and then Firefox would warn me that a script running in the page was causing my computer to slow down and that if the script kept running that it would result in a system lockup. Sure enough, my system did lock up completely before I could stop it, and I had to do a hard restart of my computer to get it working again (eg, pull the plug from the wall).

Any idea what this is and how to avoid it?

Oh, and I'm sure it's not viruses or spyware. I just scanned and found a clean system.
Slater

Postby Doe Johnson » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:16 pm

Do you think it could be the multi-post cheat doing it? Kae did that a couple times this last week...he did like 70 some posts at once one time.
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby Rexman64 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:19 pm

That wouldn't slow down his individual machine, though...
Don't defrost the alligator.

Boy, you're gonna carry that weight, carry that weight a long time...
Rexman64

Return to Announcements and Feedback