CAA Radio coming soon! –Hosts needed!

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:05 am

Mithrandir wrote:The bittorrent network allows people to "group download." For example, we could start the bittorrent here on CAA's server, and two people could download it. When a third person begins their download, they would download from ALL THREE places at once, likely increasing their overall download speed AND shifting part of the burdon from the CAA backbone.

We should probably also mention that you need a special program to participate in bittorrent downloads (which are really quite convenient). There are plenty of them free online, the basic one being BitTorrent. Most people will recommend one of the variations, however, of which there are a number. I use BitTornado, myself, because the interface works better for what I want. But as far as I know, all clients are interchangeable.
uc pseudonym

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:51 am

ok i'll be able to listen without an ipod right ?
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Rogie » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:42 am

GrubbTheFragger wrote:ok i'll be able to listen without an ipod right ?

Yes, a podcast is simply a nice little catchphrase assigned to these shows. It's still just an MP3 file that you can listen to on your computer.
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Link Antilles » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:36 am

Ok, Q+A time…

are you guys planning on starting this sometime in late april?

That or early May. I am personally shooting to do a show covering E3 on the Video Game part.

:O Question though, are there going to be any particular segments within the two segments? Such as "Fetured anime of the week" or "Funny anime poem of the month" or anything like that? Or are there no specifics that you can reveal at the moment?

Yes, the shows will follow a certain structure containing different segments. The mains ones will be news, questions, and a review (by request or something fairly new). However, there will be other “surpriseâ€
Link Antilles

Postby Nate » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:32 pm

Link Antilles wrote:If you would like to do a special segment, like a review, yes. The rest will follow a show outline (given to the hosts before the show, to keep the show moving) and will be a like a discussion.

That's all I needed to know. *goes off to record an audition*

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:21 pm

I wouldn't mind being a guest spot, but I couldn't do this full time.

But I would be a better guest spot for questions on anime cels or anime on TV then again thing.

Sad thing is, I don't have a mic.

Oh well.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:02 am

Oh yeah, will selected hosts beable to sometimes speak on both shows? (on different times)
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Link Antilles » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:26 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:Oh yeah, will selected hosts beable to sometimes speak on both shows? (on different times)

We are looking for a different core group for each show. So, it’s not planned be common practice, but it can happen if there is a special topic or for "fill-in" purposes.
Link Antilles

Postby Omega Amen » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:46 am

A few hours per month? I might be able to do that, or at least do a guest spot once in a while. (My voice is not that pleasant, however.)

I do have a few questions though:

1. Any recommendations for a good headset (headphone with mic)? I was planning to buy one anyway, but I am not familiar with good headset brands.

2. How long is a show? One hour? Five minutes?

3. What is the show's format generally? It sounds like a morning news talk show (news followed with discussion, occasionally a special solo piece like a review), but I cannot be certain with what has been announced so far.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Link Antilles » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:24 pm

Omega Amen wrote:1. Any recommendations for a good headset (headphone with mic)? I was planning to buy one anyway, but I am not familiar with good headset brands.

Personally, I'm a fan of Altec Lansing's stuff. I picked up one of their $20 headset from Best Buy… almost a year back, I believe. The sound and recording quality is great and it's pretty comfortable. It just gets the job done right and is a lot more durable than my M$ Sidewinder was.

2. How long is a show? One hour? Five minutes?

Around an hour... and since this isn't live, we can of course take a 5 minute break whenever need be. Times we might run over an hour would be for a special event like E3 on the game side of things.

3. What is the show's format generally? It sounds like a morning news talk show (news followed with discussion, occasionally a special solo piece like a review), but I cannot be certain with what has been announced so far.

Pretty much, but a little more lively. We're talking about Anime and Video Games, so there's a lot more freedom to safely crack jokes at things.
Link Antilles

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:46 pm

So these three "things" walk into a bar and the bar tender refuses to serve them. Hands down.
Mithrandir

Postby rocklobster » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:52 am

What are the theme songs going to be? I'd suggest "Tank" from Cowboy Bebop for the anime/manga show and the "Prelude" from Final Fantasy's games for the video game show.
rocklobster

Postby Locke » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:02 am

Or maybe different ones for each show? Or use the Aquabats like Mega64 does =D
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Link Antilles » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:45 pm

I have several, not hours, but DAYS --almost 7 to be moderately exact-- worth of Video Game music on my computer (including remixes). So, I can guarantee that, music wise, the Video Game show will stay fresh.

However, on the Anime side of thing, the only track I have on my computer is "Tank!". :lol: While "Tank!" is an awesome intro to Cowboy Bebop, I don't feel comfortable using something not originally made for the Anime radio show over and over. So, I’ll have to get back to you guys on that... once, I’ve discussed this with the soon-to-be Anime host team.
Link Antilles

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:25 pm

ok, i realize that this is getting somewhat off topic, but i need a bit of technical assistance with my mic, i just got it from target, i downloaded the drivers for it from the company's website and installed them, but still the mic isn't working, and yes, i do have the mic plugged in correctly, the pink one goes in the pink plug and the green one goes in the green plug....

lil' help?
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Warrior4Christ » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:33 pm

I wouldn't think drivers are necessary for a microphone...

Have you checked the input source and volume level? That's usually the culprit.
Otherwise, occasionally I get the problem where it's not working no matter what I do, then I just restart and it works without any settings being changed.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:52 pm

i'm workin' with windows 98 which didn't come with mic drivers
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:44 am

Link Antilles wrote:I have several, not hours, but DAYS --almost 7 to be moderately exact-- worth of Video Game music on my computer (including remixes). So, I can guarantee that, music wise, the Video Game show will stay fresh.

Oh Oh! I have a lot of Final Fantasy 4/5/6/7 music, as well as loads of music from anime!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby ~BlueRose~ » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:05 pm

Wow! I think this will be great! I won't apply for it, since I'm busy with school myself, but I think that that's just one of the coolest things I've heard of!!

Our time is so neat. ^_^
Avoid truth decay,
read your Bible.

Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe. [1Timothy 4:12]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://followingtheson.deviantart.com/
~BlueRose~

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:05 pm

Oh Oh! I have a lot of Final Fantasy 4/5/6/7 music, as well as loads of music from anime!

Thanks for the offer MSP, but let's let the mod crew and host team discuss this about licensed music, etc... first.

While we are on the subject of Anime music, is there a good Anime music remix site like OCremix or VGmix is for Game music remixes?
Link Antilles

Postby meboeck » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:46 pm

I write music, and if you gave me enough time I could potentially make some remixes or something along those lines.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Locke » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:02 pm

I know I asked to be on the video game team but if you are also thinking of a music host i'm so there its insane.
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Link Antilles » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:33 pm

Locke wrote:I know I asked to be on the video game team but if you are also thinking of a music host i'm so there its insane.

No, I'm afraid there will not be a music show. We are just talking about the music to be used during the Anime and VG show -- for openings, closings, transitions, etc.
Link Antilles

Postby Saint Kevin » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:08 pm

I'll get you guys an audition for sure. I'm already doing a project for an amateur voice acting forum, but it's not really a time commitment.

I did have a question though: This "show" that you guys are putting together...is it going to consist of a few people submitting their segments to an editor and then mixing all of the parts into a cohesive whole before putting the file on a mirror to download?

I wonder also how the audience contribution is going to be done. Are you going to put a question to CAAers and then invite them to respond via an mp3 file that can be put into the show? Are you going to have them submit responses in text format to be read by the hosts? Or maybe, are you just going to have the audience suggest shows to review and topics to cover, and let the hosts/writers take over from there?

I'm probably going to pursue an internship in production with either a local Christian radio station, or my city's public access TV station when I get back from Orlando (in May). I've been told that I have a good radio voice, and every so often somebody reminds me that I have a face for radio too. I've been incredibly moved by Christian radio, and I'm giving some thought of doing it for a living. This could be a great stepping stone to that. Or it could just be a lot of fun. That'd work too.

Regardless of whether or not I'm a voice for the show, I'd still like to help, and I'll still be cheering you guys on.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby Link Antilles » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:02 pm

To answer your question, Kevin, I'll go into a little more detail on how the show(s) will work...

About 70% of the show(s) will be done by the host and in a psuedo-live. Meaning; we'll do all the stuff involving the hosts on Skype all at once; then right after the show is done it will be edited and the special segments and music will be added in.

What the hosts will do will be things like: the talk about the current news, discuss a topic, chat with a guest, and generally move the show along and answer CAAer questions (PMs, Skype calls, pre-recorded MP3s, etc). There are indeed more "surprises" that'll involve CAAers, but I'm going to leave those surprises.

The rest will be pre-recorded solo host segments like reviews or interviews. And yes, the audience can request reviews and topic to cover.
Link Antilles

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:11 pm

*hears the who's line news cue*

Good evening, I'm Mi-Ke Waruishuu. In anime news today....
Mithrandir

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:47 pm

sorry to keep asking so many questions about this, but would there be any way of doing this without skype, the reason why i ask is that i've finally been able to get the mic to work, but come to find out, my computer doesn't have the right OS to handle the version of skype that's available for me to download, what can i say, i'm stuck in windows 98
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Link Antilles » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:49 am

sorry to keep asking so many questions about this, but would there be any way of doing this without skype, the reason why i ask is that i've finally been able to get the mic to work, but come to find out, my computer doesn't have the right OS to handle the version of skype that's available for me to download, what can i say, i'm stuck in windows 98

Unfortunately, I'm afraid not. Skype is pretty much the program, because it’s clear sound quality, free download, conference call system, and all are very well suited to what is planned. It is possible to do it over the phone with Skype, but that costs money -I can’t/not going to require or accept financial obligations from the hosts- and the quality of sound over the phone is pretty low. Not to mention, I *think* it’s only one-on-one there, too.

I write music, and if you gave me enough time I could potentially make some remixes or something along those lines.

Uh-oh, sorry I missed this one. Sounds like a possibility, meboeck. I'll talk with you more over PM about this.
Link Antilles

Postby Joshua Christopher » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:16 pm

There is a chance that I could be a guest sometimes. Unfortunately my erratic work schedule among other things prevent me from doing anything regular, but I would be more than happy to poke around once in a while, if needed. : )
Joshua Christopher

Postby Saint Kevin » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:58 pm

I'll still get you an audition, even though I won't have access to Skype until the end of May when I get back to Aurora. Being in Orlando now, I don't have a computer that I can use Skype. I can, however, submit mp3 files to you guys until then. Maybe I could do a segment of the show that won't need to been done live. Maybe a video game/anime related editorial piece from time to time (disclaimered of course). Another idea I'd like is to read something inspirational for a closing. I'd be willing to lend my voice to any sort of intro or closing stuff, and I'd like to be involved in the writing process if possible. So keep me in mind for any pre- and post- production (aka non-Skype) stuff, at least until my homecoming in late May.

One last thing: What happens if a host doesn't show up for the scheduled time of the show?
Saint Kevin

Previous Next

Return to Announcements and Feedback