CAA is back online: 8:30 PM 12/28/2005

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

CAA is back online: 8:30 PM 12/28/2005

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:29 pm

Well. We hoped to be back up three hours ago, but I guess it's better to be READY than RIGHT.

Sorry, all! We had a bit of trouble with converting to a more secure version of a lot of things. It looks like everything is back up and running, though. Please let me know if there is anything that isn't working. I'll be online and/or in the chat for a few hours still tonight, just to make sure. Let me know if you see stuff that's not working right, still.

Also, let me know what's going on speed wise with your connection. Things SHOULD be quite a bit faster, now, but you never know.

Thanks,
Mith
Mithrandir

Postby Stephen » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:50 pm

Looking good thus far, I have had no issues of note.
Stephen

Postby Arnobius » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:07 pm

Much faster than before. :thumb:

Thanks for all the hard work

EDIT: Hey, the clock is right again. Cool
Arnobius

Postby Mave » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:08 am

Unfortunately, I receive delays whenever I'm loading forum/thread pages. The background/headers will appear first and after several seconds, the list of threads will follow. I think this is unusual since I never had this before until the recent maintenance.

This might give a clue. I used to have the dial-up connection window pop-up whenever no internet connection is available. It kept popping up everytime I loaded a forum/thread page after the delay and whenever I cancel it, only then do all the contents load into the browser. This annoyed the heck out of me so I switched it off. I don't know what's going on but I can live with it since I can still access the pages. I don't have this problem in the reply pages.

But I hesitate to call this a faster connection. Hmm...any suggestions or ideas of what's going on?

All in all, thanks for the hard work and for keeping this huge forum going :)

EDIT: I properly counted the time of the delay and sometimes it ranges from 15-20 seconds. :eh: The status bar would then indicate "Looking up clientscript."
Mave

Postby Steeltemplar » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:30 am

After we came back online, I am no longer able to search for anything that was posted prior to the shutdown. Also, the archive seems to be gone as well.
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

Loyal subject of Sakura-hime, the RP Princess.
CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Arnobius » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:17 am

Steeltemplar wrote:After we came back online, I am no longer able to search for anything that was posted prior to the shutdown. Also, the archive seems to be gone as well.

I have also noticed that, though at first I was wondering if it was just a problem on my end
Arnobius

Postby shooraijin » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:43 am

Mave wrote:I properly counted the time of the delay and sometimes it ranges from 15-20 seconds. :eh: The status bar would then indicate "Looking up clientscript."

I just checked and clientscript.flactem.com resolves, but not "clientscript." Thanks for the alert -- because I run my own DNS, my servers reject this very quickly and I didn't notice it. Mith, you might need to fix this, the domain name is not fully qualified :)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Return to Announcements and Feedback