Artemis Fowl vs. Harry Potter: Who would win?

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Artemis Fowl vs. Harry Potter: Who would win?

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:16 am

I've been reading the Artemis Fowl books by Eoin Colfer for quite some time and have found them very enjoyable. The main character is such a great anti-hero that you just love how he thinks like a villain. If you want to teach your child that the protagonist of the story isn't always the hero, the first book in this series would do a good job of that. I'm also a big fan of Harry Potter. I'm sure I'm not the only Artemis Fowl fan on here, so I decided to post this poll.
If Artemis Fowl ever fought Harry Potter, who do you think would win? My vote goes to Artemis Fowl. While Harry Potter does have more experience in using magic and has even fought someone almost as evil as Satan himself (seven times in fact!), he wouldn't be able to defeat Artemis. Why? Artemis can and will fight dirty. Harry's far too noble. Not that there's anything wrong with a hero who's noble, it's just I think it'd be an Achille's heel in this case.
What do you people think?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:18 am

Harry casts Petrificus Totalus.

Done.
Fish and Chips

Postby ich1990 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:37 am

Fish and Chips (post: 1483030) wrote:Harry casts Petrificus Totalus.

Done.

I doubt the Butler family would allow Harry to get that close.

Even if they did, Artemis' collection of Fairy tech would let him go invisible, fiddle with time, and fly. All of which would make it difficult for Harry to land a Petrificus Totalus. I vote Artemis.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Atria35 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:19 am

^ What Ich said. I love HP, but Arty has the advantage.
Atria35

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:52 am

ich1990 (post: 1483031) wrote:I doubt the Butler family would allow Harry to get that close.
Why is Harry fighting Artemis' butler?

I thought this was Harry vs. Artemis, mano e mano, skill against your own.
Fish and Chips

Postby ich1990 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:30 am

Fish and Chips (post: 1483036) wrote:Why is Harry fighting Artemis' butler?

I thought this was Harry vs. Artemis, mano e mano, skill against your own.

I thought it was implied that this would be in a "real world" context as Rocklobster mentioned that Artemis would likely win because he fights dirty while Harry is too noble. Knowing both Artemis and Harry's personalities, it would be hard for either of them to be too noble or ignoble without the introduction of others to the fight. It seemed to me that the most likely scenario including others would be an odd amalgamation of their two respective worlds.

Even if that isn't the case, I still think Artemis' fairy technology trumps Harry's spells, mano e mano.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:19 am

Besides, Artemis's pals wouldn't dare let him fight alone.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:24 am

So really this thread is Harry Potter vs. Artemis Fowl And All Of His Friends.

Okay.
Fish and Chips

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:26 am

You know, now that I think of it, Harry, Hermione, and Ron are a pretty inseparable trio. We might have to factor in Hermione and Ron as well. I doubt they'd let him fight Artemis alone. Come to think of it, Hermione vs. Artemis would be pretty interesting too, considering their personalities.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Masquerade1412 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:23 am

I'd say Artemis Fowl will win this fight...
Although it will be a close one!
Sincerely,
The Last Wizard of the Century
Masquerade1412

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:53 pm

I actually think Harry would win. If he managed to evade/defeat the most evil wizard who ever lived, even when fighting one-on-one duels when there was no one else around to help him...I think he could defeat this kid, however nasty he may be. I'm not saying the fight would be easy, but I still think Harry would win in the end.

And another thing I noticed that no one's taking into consideration is how technology stops working around a lot of HP-magic. Would fairy technology do the same, or would it be unaffected since it's got fairy magic? Would the two kinds of magic cancel each other out? That is something we'll never know :cool:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Return to Book Corner