ok two things...

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

ok two things...

Postby Shinobinokage » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:09 pm

ok number one: can you change your screen name on this site?
number two:where can i get an awesome free or really inexpensive art touchup and creating program?
oh make that three:how come when i add a picture sometimes it doesn't show up?
any help would be great!
thanx, shino
If something is precious to you...no matter how painful or how hard it seems, no matter what it may cost you, you have to hang in there and protect it with all the strength you got even at the risk of your own life. If you do that, then even if you die in the attempt, at least the world will be left with the proof that a man worth living had died!
It'd be like your legacy.
-Kaiza
from naruto :jump: vol.3 pg.56
Shinobinokage

Postby Sam*ron » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:12 pm

Shinobinokage wrote:ok number one: can you change your screen name on this site?
number two:where can i get an awesome free or really inexpensive art touchup and creating program?
oh make that three:how come when i add a picture sometimes it doesn't show up?
any help would be great!
thanx, shino

1. No

2. I wouldn't know.

3. What do you mean by 'add a picture'?
Thank you Admins & Mods - @)}~`,~
Sam*ron

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:24 pm

1. No, but a mod or admin can.
2. Inexpensive is only such when it fits your budget... Photoshop elements is rather inexpensive and incredibly powerfull at 100 dollars. Cheaper than that, you go down in power... I think Paint Shop Pro is like 50 or 70, but I'm not sure... Otherwise, there is always "Paint" if you're on PC, and I'm sure apple has a free paint program.
3. To link to a pic, use [_img]imageurl.jpg[_/img] without the _ and if you want to upload a pic, us advanced posting and manage attatchments.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Jasdero » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:40 am

1. Nope! You're stuck with yours!! Mwahaha!!! It's fine though.
2. Okay, I know of a couple free ones on the Internet. One that sticks out right now is called GIMP. I used to have the links for it, but I don't anymore. V_V If you can't find it [or just feel lazy ^_^], and need me to give it to you, PrivateMessage me, and we'll figure out how I can get it to you through the Internet. Don't worry, GIMP is freeware. That's all I'm doing now, anyway. It's a good program, but I don't really work with it. I have Adobe Photoshop CS and Adobe ImageReady CS [a really costly program set, so it wouldn't apply to your request.] that my wonderful mommy bought. ^_^
3. What do you mean "add a picture?" To what, and what have you tried already?
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:18 am

I will make one modification to what has been posted here:

1. You may change your username once for all of your stay at CAA. This would be accomplished by asking a moderator or administrator.
uc pseudonym

Postby Jasdero » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:51 am

SERIOUSLY!!!! Awesome! oooo, this is so cool! now i'll be able to completely hide from the people i'm avoiding. ^_^ this is such great news!!! i'm going to make my new avatar, and all of that stuff! thanks uc pseudonym!!! oh...but what about the number of posts we have?

Jasdero

listen well, people who want free art programs!

Postby Daiko-chan » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:00 am

I will answer your second question, and ANSWER it WELL

the internet has MANY free programs that one can use to make art with
one of them, I list in my signature as Art Rage

and here's a link to the other thread that will assist you in finding more free art programs:
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=9223

there is also Pixia- this is an awesome TOTALLY FREE art program
you can find it here: http://park18.wakwak.com/~pixia/index.html

have fun. :dance:

-Daiko~
(now going to add the link to Pixia to my signature...)
CAA-related:
[thread=11252][guidelines to CAA chat on deviantART][/thread] [daCAA]

Christian ministries:
[ApEX] [Boundless] [Focus on the Family] [Orthodoxy Today]

Daiko things:
[online shop] [some artwork at DA] [blog of a saint in training]

:thumb: GOOD totally FREE art programs:
[Art Rage] -emulates traditional media
[Pixia] -this is for digital art and photo editing...

I don't think I will ever post my own autobiographical story in the CAA's Who's Who or in the Welcome Area because as a forumite I was raised so that I should never do such a thing- I am open to change though...
Daiko-chan

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:55 am

kirastill wrote:SERIOUSLY!!!! Awesome! oooo, this is so cool! now i'll be able to completely hide from the people i'm avoiding. ^_^ this is such great news!!! i'm going to make my new avatar, and all of that stuff! thanks uc pseudonym!!! oh...but what about the number of posts we have?

One problem with your plan: you are required to place somewhere on your common posts (ie in your user title or signature) a note that you have changed your name. The most common is: "FKA kirastill" (that's formerly known as).

Post counts remain the same and will continue to climb.
uc pseudonym

Postby Jasdero » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:51 am

uc pseudonym wrote:One problem with your plan: you are required to place somewhere on your common posts (ie in your user title or signature) a note that you have changed your name. The most common is: "FKA kirastill" (that's formerly known as).

Post counts remain the same and will continue to climb.

Oh...yeah, that does kind of shatter my plan... could you make the "FKA kirastill" thing really, really small?
Jasdero

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:28 am

Why are you trying to avoid people? I can't really answer your question until you answer the one that I just stated. Who on CAA would you wish to avoid? Feel free to respond via PM if you feel led.
uc pseudonym

Postby Jasdero » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:16 pm

Oh, well, it's not someone in CAA that I'm trying to avoid. But, it's okay. If I'm going to have to put that I'm KiraStill somewhere, then, there's no need to change it. Thanks for helping though. : )

Jasdero

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:46 am

Certainly. And thank you for answering my question... I was worried that we had small-time mob action here on CAA.
uc pseudonym

Postby Sam*ron » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:52 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Certainly. And thank you for answering my question... I was worried that we had small-time mob action here on CAA.

Whats small-time mob action?
Thank you Admins & Mods - @)}~`,~
Sam*ron

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:32 pm

A combination phrase. Pick it apart.

small-time: minor, inconsequential, less than full
mob: as in The Mob, or organized crime
action: activity of the before

That is the context in which my post was made: intentionally assuming the worst situation in which someone would want to shake off other people. If you don't get it this point, let it go, because it won't be worth it.
uc pseudonym

Return to Tutorials