computer coloring programs [coloring line art]

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

computer coloring programs [coloring line art]

Postby mai » Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:09 pm

I've noticed how good the art contest winners pictures look. I was wondering what kind of program you would use to do that? [or was it painted?]
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby SwordSkill » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:34 pm

Er...I'm not an art contest winner, but to my knowledge the most frequently-used image studios are Photoshop, Open Canvas, Painter, Paint Shop Pro, GIMP, and even Paint. There are lots more beside, of course.
*Insert witty saying here*
SwordSkill

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:49 pm

I use Photoshop... though I'm so lazy I havn't been entering them.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby randomclassic » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:43 pm

I would definatly recomend Photoshop... However PSP is good, I used to make dolls on it all the time. Hehe.

But Photoshop is the best.... now if I could only draw... I can't draw that well.
'Oh look the water metled!' - The oh so smart one, Me. :shady:
randomclassic

Postby Jasdero » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:55 am

yes!!! PHOTOSHOP!!! ::is the proud owner of Photoshop CS:: ^_^
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby randomclassic » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:56 am

kirastill wrote:yes!!! PHOTOSHOP!!! ::is the proud owner of Photoshop CS:: ^_^

Lucky.. I don't have it but I do have the lovely Photoshop 7.. I guess I could always download the free trial version of Photoshop CS, but it just wouldn't be the same.

LOL :eyebrow: :grin:
'Oh look the water metled!' - The oh so smart one, Me. :shady:
randomclassic

Postby emoanimechild » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:57 am

your old fashioned, I have photoshop 2 :lol:
but I'm used to sketching anyway, though I also would like to learn how to use these programs better ... then I could add more detailed coloring and backgrounds :)
emoanimechild

Postby Jasdero » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:37 pm

randomclassic wrote:Lucky.. I don't have it but I do have the lovely Photoshop 7.. I guess I could always download the free trial version of Photoshop CS, but it just wouldn't be the same.

LOL :eyebrow: :grin:

if you've got photoshop 7, stick with it. believe me, stick with it. i had photoshop 7 before too, and so i was all excited when i bought photoshop cs, imagining all the spiffy new stuff i could do with it, especially considering how costly the upgrade had been, soooo, i install it, and notice NOTHING different. i've had it for a couple weeks now, and you know what, i'm extremely disappointed. i've only noticed two changes, which is that there's now a file browsing thing, and that the icons to open up photoshop and imageready have become more appealing, other than that, it's the same program. the prices for adobe photoshop cs have been dropping steadily. only two weeks ago, photoshop cs cost $649.99, and now it's down to 597.99. consumers are quickly realizing that the alterations from 7 to cs are practically nonexistent. when i upgraded from 6 to 7, i was really amazed at how nice it looked, and perhaps my disappointment for cs was because my hopes were too high. all the same, i've blabbed enough. the general point of all of this is that if you've got photoshop 7, don't spend money on photoshop cs. it really was a letdown. and yeah, i don't do the trial thing either. it always makes me feel sad when i'm on a trial of a program, so i don't do them anymore. : )
Jasdero

Postby ssj2gohan61 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:57 pm

you guys are rich if you can afford photoshop luckly i have a nice webpage design teacher and he let me bring my laptop to school and he put the programs on it but i believe the program designed for line art is fireworks i cant remember sorry
ssj2gohan61

Postby Zilch » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:20 pm

I'm working on using GIMP, but it's highly confusing to a non-artist like me...it's a good program, however, and has many of the bells and whistles you see on Photoshop, all for free.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Nebby » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:42 am

Well, I've used Paint Shop Pro to color in coloring book pages for awhile, I currently use PSP V.8 but that's more suited for photo editing and the like, so I'd go with the others' advice of Photoshop. However, if you don't have enough money to buy Photoshop or PSP, the GIMP is another good one, and IT'S completely free, I've seen some people do wonders with just GIMP.

:dance: :dance: :dance:
Nebby

Postby Torokun » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:53 pm

would you like me to do a little tutorial on using photoshop effectively to produce cel art like pictures?
@)[color=DarkGreen]}~`,~[/color]
Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
Torokun

Return to Tutorials