I need help drawing some anime charecters!!

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

I need help drawing some anime charecters!!

Postby wolfs_rain_hige » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:10 pm

I was wondering knew of a place that showed you how to draw charecters from the "Wolf's Rain" anime series?? Any links or anything like that would be great!! :thumb:

Also im getting photoshop and a graphics tablet in a couple weeks so any pointers on how to draw charecters from the series with those tools would be great also!!
wolfs_rain_hige

Postby Chazz » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:32 pm

my advice:
forget drawing other people's stuff.
where's the fun in that?
be creative do some original work. You'll be much more proud of characters you create yourself.
Develop your own style.
The more original the better.
trust me.
Chazz

Postby wolfs_rain_hige » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:27 pm

Chazz wrote:my advice:
forget drawing other people's stuff.
where's the fun in that?
be creative do some original work. You'll be much more proud of characters you create yourself.
Develop your own style.
The more original the better.
trust me.

this doesnt answer my original question. im a die hard wolf's rain fan and i want to know how to draw the characters!
wolfs_rain_hige

Postby Mave » Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:06 pm

Hi,

there are some WRain linearts here...it may help you.
http://obsessed.rubberslug.com/gallery/master_query.asp?SeriesID=12778
Mave

Postby Sam*ron » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:59 pm

Go Wolf Rain!!!!!!! :thumb: I love that show, and it would be cool to draw like that!
Thank you Admins & Mods - @)}~`,~
Sam*ron

Postby Angel37 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:25 pm

I can only offer this advice since I totally agree with Chazz: Do as I did at first. Trace. Trace like you would NOT BELIEVE. Then, slowly manipulate what thou didst traceth. Soon, you'll be able to draw complete pictures on your own that have the distinct style of the anime of your choice yet a little of your own style mixed in. Practice more and get good critisism. Change what needs to be changed and you'll be able to draw. Hey, my advice may be weird but that's how I did it and if you want just look at my pics. They're some under Character design and Other. But don't just copy. Start out that way but change it. Make it your own. I used to draw Utena Style, now I'm my own self! Copying's just that: copying. One's own style is art. (jeez, I'm starting to sound like someone I know...)
-Angel
Angel37

Postby wolfs_rain_hige » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:53 pm

Thanks!!
wolfs_rain_hige

Postby Archan » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:30 am

*Grabs stake from heart* GAH! Someone said TRACE! Double GAH!

Oh, that was too much. Well, I'm not one to support tracing at all, not if your going to wish to draw any character from any seriers in any other pose other then what your gonna find in screen shots and existing art. However, if your happy with it, well, then, not much i can say.

However, if your not, first off study the art like a madman, and learn what gives the show it's distinct style. How the eyes are drawn (Wolfs Rain tends to have wide big eyes), how different faces are shaped, different body types, how are clothes drawn, things like this. Then, try to mimic (Without tracing) any existing art you may find, and begin to train your eye and your pencil (or pen) strokes to flow in the same direction and line weight as the art you are studying. In time, you'll find yourself doing it naturally when you try to draw anything, but only if you are really committed.

Angel 37:

I don't mean anything by this post, and apologize full heartedly if I offended you. Also, I don't think we've meet before, so I'm sorry again if I gave a bad first impression :hits_self Hope were cool! :sweat:

God Bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby Mave » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:35 pm

*laughs* Oh Archan, don't stake me but I did trace stuff before.

Because I couldn't afford some colored Disney books and manga, I borrowed 'em from friends and traced them out for my future references. I could have photocopied them but I didn't want to bother my dad with that.

Tracing is OK with me if you're a beginner but I strongly advise you to start drawing your own stuff as soon as possible.

Whatever skills I have obtained today are simply due to a lot of practice and dedication. ^__^
Mave

Postby Archan » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:04 pm

No Mave.....not you too! NNNOOOOoooooooooo.......*

*Falls to floor grasping yet another stake to the heart*
Will the madness ever end!? Why....OH WHY!

LOL, don't worry Mave were still cool :sweat:
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby One and Only » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:41 am

yeah.... all these ideas are good.... just keep drawing..... DRAW ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!
One and Only

Return to Tutorials