Need help with creating a character.

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Need help with creating a character.

Postby Uriah » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:31 pm

(Not sure where this should be)

I'm trying to figure out how to design his head, to be more precise. I can't figure out what kind of hair do to give him, the eyes, shape of the face, ect.

I'll describe the character. His allignment (Good, evil, neutral, ect.) Is like a chaotic good, (not chaotic in a crazy sense, he's a hero that doesnt care about killing evil people, sort of a silent, angry, vengeful person.) He isnt necessarily a cruel person, just hateful.

the rest of his appearance, he wears a black trench coat that reaches his feet, he's sort of tall, slender, graceful in movement. His weapons of choice are, 4 revolvers, 2 fighting knives, and 3 throwing knives.

Not sure if this is a very good discription, but could anyone maybe help me out here?
Uriah

Postby skynes » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:13 am

From ur description I picture I sort of triangular head. Larger at top with a narrow chin. Thin horizontal eyes with a "Dont mess with me" look. Black hair gelled into a side shade.

Is that any help?
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Postby Angelchick » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:48 am

i would just do a normal shape head like whatever shape you like to do. small eyes i agree with Skynes about the "don't mess with me" look. i say he should have long hair. maybe look kind of like this guy(look at picture)..maybe he looks too evil hmm when Kenshin is serious he looks like you wouldn't want to mess with him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby Uriah » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:14 pm

That's kind of funny, skynes, I was thinking sorta the same thing, I know I want black hair, I was thinking of something Like legato's hair cut.

These tips were a bit helpful, thanks.
Uriah

Postby Chazz » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:33 pm

Chazz

Postby Chazz » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:34 pm

trigun anyone?
give me some ideas that haven't been done a thousand times already.
I know. I'm a jerk.
Just calling 'em as I see 'em.
Chazz

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:31 pm

Dude...be cool. If you're gonna post, be constructive, ya?
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Uriah » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:40 pm

Heh, the whole legato hair idea would make this character look sort of like he was from trigun. But I don't really see how else this would relate to trigun.
Uriah

Postby Angel37 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:51 pm

If you don't mind my odd style, I'd draw him as I see him for you and post it in the gallery. I see him with longer hair though, kinda like Eclipse from Demon Diary only his bangs cover one eye. Want a visual?
-Angel
Angel37

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:14 pm

I'd go with Legato's hair, only black and longer than Legato's, about to the bottom of his face. Perhaps consider having his hair long in the back, about 6 inches below the shoulder. I'd go with vivid red eyes, perhaps concealed with silver mirrored sunglasses at times. A long, crimson headband or scarf would look awesome with the trenchcoat. Black leather half-finger gloves would complement his choice of weaponry well.

Rai
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Return to Tutorials