DVD burning

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

DVD burning

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:33 pm

If theres already been a thread on this re-direct me there...

I'm trying to burn some anime dvds for a friend since she has like no access to it (its inuyasha that hasn't been released in the US) and I reeeeaaally want to put more than 2 eps per disc. how can I make them fit? do I have to re-format/ re-code them somehow? I know almost nothing about this, but I have a dell version (meaning not complete) version of Sonic MyDVD. I want to finish it by tomorrow morning, so if anyone could reply quickly, I'd be very very happy! ^_^

Edit: and if anyone knows some good dvd software tell me that too. thanks
Kawaiikneko

Postby Vyse » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:57 pm

Just wait. it doesn't matter if its not here yet, its still illegal aka stealing which is against the Ten Comandments.
Vyse

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:02 pm

.... I don't want to get into this argument please :sweat: I just want to know how to fit more than 2 eps per dvd. I'm really more interested in how to do that than distroing fansubs
Kawaiikneko

Postby Vyse » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:03 pm

Kawaiikneko wrote:.... I don't want to get into this argument please :sweat: I just want to know how to fit more than 2 eps per dvd

If you don't want to get into this arugment then don't bring this subject, pirating is wrong an un-Christian, and something I won't stand for.
Vyse

Postby JediSonic » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:23 pm

I agree with vyse.

Plus, talking about it this much won't make you real popular with the mods :P
JediSonic

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:25 pm

*sigh* never mind then, no dvd for my friend
Kawaiikneko

Postby Stephen » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:19 pm

Vyse...please don't unload on every poor person that does not agree with you. The girl was asking a simple question. You did not need to post what you posted. CAA has quite a large staff....we can handle things just fine. As for the question itself...I really have no idea.

"If you don't want to get into this arugment then don't bring this subject, pirating is wrong an un-Christian, and something I won't stand for."

Because you have an opinion...does not mean people who do not agree with you are hellbound infidels. Please learn tact in dealing with people on CAA. This thread will not be turned into a pirate anime feelings thread. If it does, I will start deleting posts. Please, simply answer peoples questions on tutorial questions. Don't dog them around.
Stephen

Postby Vyse » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:25 pm

Shatterheart wrote:Vyse...please don't unload on every poor person that does not agree with you. The girl was asking a simple question. You did not need to post what you posted. CAA has quite a large staff....we can handle things just fine. As for the question itself...I really have no idea.

"If you don't want to get into this arugment then don't bring this subject, pirating is wrong an un-Christian, and something I won't stand for."

Because you have an opinion...does not mean people who do not agree with you are hellbound infidels. Please learn tact in dealing with people on CAA. This thread will not be turned into a pirate anime feelings thread. If it does, I will start deleting posts. Please, simply answer peoples questions on tutorial questions. Don't dog them around.

I never said anyone was going to hell, and I never said anything about disagreeing with me, I was just stating the facts. Inu Yashsa is a licened anime series, I think we can all know that means its illegal reguardless of opinion. Or is CAA permiting pirating of licenced anime?
Vyse

Postby Stephen » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:32 pm

"its inuyasha that hasn't been released in the US" This is what I was going by as far as "grey area" And yes, CAA is a giant bootlegg company....we also shove old people over because its fun. We're just mean like that. Of course CAA does not promote bootlegg anime. And you know that, you are just being smart. My entire point was that its not your job to run around and play police. The girl was asking a question about coping dvds over and you decided to drop the wrath of Vyse on her rather then answer her question. If I asked you how to drive a car would you ignore me because I might run someone over? Please take a word of advise....you catch more flys with honey then vinegar. I have no issue with your stance on piracy....I have an issue with being underminded by a vigalante mod. If you have an issue in the future like this, why not PM the member? I think you prefer using an open forum to further rant on the subject. In any case....if someone wants to explain how to copy over a dvd they can. Further debate can be taken to PM.
Stephen

Postby true_noir_chloe » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:33 pm

Kawaiikneko, you might need this answered in pm. I know someone who can tell you what you need to do. PM me. Inuyasha is a licensed anime here in the U.S., but it doesn't mean you can't make a copy for your friend.

People be kind. There's no need to make people feel like they've lost their salvation over making a DVD copy. And, I certainly don't want to get in a discussion over the pertinance of the 10 Commandments and Christ's statements when He came over the two most important commandments.

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Vyse » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:35 pm

Once again, I never even implied anyone would loose their salvation, I never once said that.
Vyse

Postby true_noir_chloe » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:36 pm

Sorry Shatterheart, I was posting while you posted. ^_^

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby alf4office » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:36 pm

Kawaiikneko wrote:If theres already been a thread on this re-direct me there...

I'm trying to burn some anime dvds for a friend since she has like no access to it (its inuyasha that hasn't been released in the US) and I reeeeaaally want to put more than 2 eps per disc. how can I make them fit? do I have to re-format/ re-code them somehow? I know almost nothing about this, but I have a dell version (meaning not complete) version of Sonic MyDVD. I want to finish it by tomorrow morning, so if anyone could reply quickly, I'd be very very happy! ^_^

Edit: and if anyone knows some good dvd software tell me that too. thanks

Awww, come on, don't do that. it's immoral. You don't own the rights to the anime, so you don't have the right to give it to your friend.
alf4office

Postby Stephen » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:44 pm

Alf please read my last post.
Stephen

Postby alf4office » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:55 pm

Shatterheart wrote:Alf please read my last post.
I just did. I'm sorry, but I can't just answer their question. If I did that I'd be helping someone sin, and that wouldn't be a very loving thing to do. Instead I tried to nicely ask them not to. In retrospect, it probably would have been more effective through pm, so I apologize for that.
alf4office

Postby Vyse » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:59 pm

Yes, I applogize as well for not taking this to PM
Vyse

Postby Elric_kun » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:12 pm

Kawaiikneko, i sent you a PM^^ hope it helps^^"
Elric_kun

Postby JediSonic » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:14 am

Hmm... perhaps I was a bit out of line too. When I said "it wont get you real popular with the mods" I was just sure there was something in the site rules about not providing links (etc.) to stolen copyrighted material. I just went over the FAQ and it said you dont "officially support" it.

I still think burning DVDs is stealing and is therefore obviously wrong, but I guess I cant enforce that on anyone else -_-
JediSonic

Postby Kawaiikneko » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:18 pm

^_^ its okay I guess, I know you all had good intetions. I wouldn't be able to give it to her anytime soon anyway cause school's out now and I don't really live near her. I've just been interested in a long time in how to fit more stuff on dvds. It really bugs me when I KNOW I should be able to fit more but I can't figure out how especially since my dad wants me to start putting stuff (not anime/illegal stuff, just family videos) on dvds. Thanks to Shatterheart for pointing out the reason I posted this in the first place. Oh, and Elric-kun I'm gonna go look at the pm now.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Madeline » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:32 pm

Umm...guys, if you want to duke it out, try the rp arena. :P
Stop the fighting, okay? This place is supposed to be a safe haven for everyone.
Madeline

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:12 pm

Hmm... to all the piratephobes in here, there are more uses to burning DVD's besides stealing. You can burn things you tape off TV, you can burn your home movies, you can also develop full DVDs with menus, subtitles, commentaries, special features and all sorts of things. I plan on doing that before I leave for Chico (Richardson Springs, technically... It is a separate town, but you can label your mail "Chico" and it will reach the right destination) I plan on burning my stuff to DVD, with menus, and if I have time I'd love to record a commentary track and put in subtitles... That may be too much, though... Especially since I know next to nothing about the software (whatever the big DVD authoring sotware is on Mac, iDVD I think.)

As for pure burning, Nero lets you burn MPEG-2 files I believe (I have neither nero or DVD burner, so I can't say for sure), and there are several programs that will convert other files into MPEG-2... As for making menus or other DVD things (such as second audio track or subtitles) you need special software, such as Adobe Encore DVD. I have heard the DVD burners are really touchy and it's not like drag and drop and burn... You have to have the specific software to link your burner to your burning software, if I was properly informed. Ooh, if you have Nero, you can burn homemade (legal) dreamcast games and applications too, but that's another story...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby JediSonic » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:14 pm

Madeline wrote:Umm...guys, if you want to duke it out, try the rp arena. :P
Stop the fighting, okay? This place is supposed to be a safe haven for everyone.

alf4office wrote:In retrospect, it probably would have been more effective through pm, so I apologize for that.

vyse wrote:Yes, I applogize as well for not taking this to PM

jedisonic wrote:Hmm... perhaps I was a bit out of line too.

Kawaiikneko wrote:^_^ its okay I guess, I know you all had good intetions.

Who's fighting? :)
JediSonic

Postby Kawaiikneko » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:55 pm

yeah, all one big happy family! *hugs all around*

thanks bobtheduck. Now that its summer I'm gonna test around with some different dvd software. I think I just need to work on encoding stuff to mpeg2...soooo yep I'll do that as soon as I'm not lazy
Kawaiikneko

Postby Chazz » Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:50 pm

geez, you people...
try reencoding them files using a different compression method.
do a search for TMPGenc, the best program for encoding/demuxing, whatever. and see what you can do with that. only 2 will fit on now? dvd's hold 4.2 gigs, don't they? must be some freaking HUGE files. Yeah, use tmpgenc and encode them as mpeg2, which is dvd format, and burn away.
pirate for life, brother ;D
Chazz

Postby initialdfreak » Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:12 pm

JediSonic wrote:Hmm... perhaps I was a bit out of line too. When I said "it wont get you real popular with the mods" I was just sure there was something in the site rules about not providing links (etc.) to stolen copyrighted material. I just went over the FAQ and it said you dont "officially support" it.

I still think burning DVDs is stealing and is therefore obviously wrong, but I guess I cant enforce that on anyone else -_-

Come on, cant we have a little fun?
initialdfreak

Postby initialdfreak » Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:14 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Hmm... to all the piratephobes in here, there are more uses to burning DVD's besides stealing. You can burn things you tape off TV, you can burn your home movies, you can also develop full DVDs with menus, subtitles, commentaries, special features and all sorts of things. I plan on doing that before I leave for Chico (Richardson Springs, technically... It is a separate town, but you can label your mail "Chico" and it will reach the right destination) I plan on burning my stuff to DVD, with menus, and if I have time I'd love to record a commentary track and put in subtitles... That may be too much, though... Especially since I know next to nothing about the software (whatever the big DVD authoring sotware is on Mac, iDVD I think.)

As for pure burning, Nero lets you burn MPEG-2 files I believe (I have neither nero or DVD burner, so I can't say for sure), and there are several programs that will convert other files into MPEG-2... As for making menus or other DVD things (such as second audio track or subtitles) you need special software, such as Adobe Encore DVD. I have heard the DVD burners are really touchy and it's not like drag and drop and burn... You have to have the specific software to link your burner to your burning software, if I was properly informed. Ooh, if you have Nero, you can burn homemade (legal) dreamcast games and applications too, but that's another story...

I agree with you bob the duck. The act of burning dvd's isn't inherently evil. :thumb:
initialdfreak

Postby Chazz » Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:15 pm

if you're looking for good software for burning image files, try alcohol 120%
i forget the site.
DV > MPEG2
so therefore
TAPE > DVD
yep.
Chazz

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:18 pm

guys...just a reminder, don't be encouraging piracy mmkay? keep it cool in here.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Chazz » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:04 pm

always remember, support game makers. If you like the games, buy them!
seriosuly.
Chazz

Postby initialdfreak » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:11 pm

But remember the number one rule have fun!!!
initialdfreak

Next

Return to Tutorials