How do I put Pics in my sig?

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

How do I put Pics in my sig?

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:55 pm

Hey, how do I put a picture in my signature?
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:09 pm

take the URL of the image and then make it so it has [img]whatever%20the%20image%20URL%20is[/img]
Hitokiri

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:14 pm

or you can just click the picture button on the thing... the one thing... Um, and you can also wrap a link around it, as I discovered, so you can put picture links in your sig.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:38 pm

Okay, when I do the IMG tag--- I'm getting a link in my signature and not an acutal picture. What am I doing wrong?
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Omega Amen » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:49 pm

Are you sure your tags and image link are in this type of form?

(Remove the spaces inside the IMG tags.)

[ IMG]http://www.mycoolsite.com/mycoolpic.jpg[ /IMG]
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:52 pm

AHHH!!! *pulls chunk of hair out, and then sticks it back on with duck tape* Look at my signature. this is what I keep getting!!!! GRRRR!!!

Mangafanatic

Postby ZiP » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:52 pm

those dudes are right. although you cant post them from your own computer.
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Omega Amen » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:54 pm

You need to find a host site for your image (it cannot be from christiananime.net). http://www.photobucket.com/ is a popular place, and some people here are willing to host other people's images on their sites.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:55 pm

ZiP wrote:those dudes are right. although you cant post them from your own computer.

AHH AHH!! Maybe that's me problem. So whose computer do I have to post them from. If not mine-- then it must be someone else's *goes off to plot how to break into her neighbor's house.*

Mangafanatic

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:00 pm

ROCK ON MY BANNER HELPING BRETHREN!!! Thanks guys. It was the hosting thing that was the problem.

Mangafanatic

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:12 pm

::claps:: yeah...

Just find a alternate source to host your pics on. i use my site.
Hitokiri

Return to Tutorials