having trouble w/ Photoshop fonts

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

having trouble w/ Photoshop fonts

Postby WoP » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:14 pm

I just redid my entire computer (switched operating systems) and so I'm having to reload all of my programs and files. For some reason, when I reloaded Adobe Photoshop 6.0, it came up with only about 20 fonts, not nearly as many as I had before. I uninstalled it and reinstalled with the Custom setting and selected everything, and I still have barely any fonts.

Does anyone here who uses Photoshop have any ideas on how I can find all the fonts I lost? Perhaps there is a plug-in I'm missing? Any theories or comments would be very helpful; I'm about to go crazy not being able to finish my manga because I don't have my usual fonts.

Oh, and I hope I'm posting this in the right place; it seems appropriate for a graphic program question to go in the Graphic Design section....

"If outer space has gone crazy, then I'll believe in myself and keep fighting." - Heero Yuy

"Live out your life believing in the path you've chosen." - Duo Maxwell
WoP

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:45 pm

The adobe Pho
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby WoP » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:39 pm

Hmmm, I seem to not have the right amount in the Windows/Fonts folder then. I suppose I'll just have to download them.

Thanks!

"If outer space has gone crazy, then I'll believe in myself and keep fighting." - Heero Yuy

"Live out your life believing in the path you've chosen." - Duo Maxwell
WoP

Postby MyrrhLynn » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:54 am

Yeah you only start with a few main fonts. You must have downloaded a bunch from somwhere else. I suggest just looking at free fonts sites, you'll find some really cool ones for free! ;) I recommend Parry Hotter and Ring Bearer, but then again I am a fan of movie fonts. :lol:

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Return to Tutorials