How do I make wallpaper.

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

How do I make wallpaper.

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:27 pm

I've been wanting to make some anime wallpaper for a while. How do I do this and what do I need. Here's a sample of the kind of thing I want to do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Retten » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:15 pm

hmmm well first off you need a image editing program like Adobe Photoshop ($600), Paint Shop Pro ($100), or the GIMP (free) it all really depends on how much you want to pay and who knows maybe you already have one of these programs I would figure all of that out first

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Zedian » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:40 pm

Get a graphic program then invest some time into learning tutorials. Than finish it all off by mixing, layering, adding mask all that fun stuff with a collage of images. It's a little hard at first but isn't impossible; if it was there wouldn't be so many wallpaper floating around on the internet.
Zedian

Postby MyrrhLynn » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:39 am

Mangafanatic wrote:I've been wanting to make some anime wallpaper for a while. How do I do this and what do I need. Here's a sample of the kind of thing I want to do.

Ok, well personally the guys replies sound depressing to me. :sweat: Especially since a wallpaper like this would be very easy to make.

It's true that you will need a graphics program, and you should learn how the program works, but let me give you a quick overview of how to make this wallpaper (since I use Photoshop I'll be sort of referring to Photoshop abilities).

First the background. Look like they just took a ocean painting and used one of the filters on it. Probably either one of the blur ones or the artistic> paint dabs one, to make it fit the picture better. Although actually now that I look at it, there is the possibility that the background and the smaller image of the girl were all from the same picture. Which would mean all you would have to do is this next step:

Take the picture of the girl, and erase around her so the image is ONLY the girl. The use transform>scale to make her a lot bigger. Then go to the layers pallet and change the opacity of the large pic of the girl to a low number, which is what will make it blend in the background like that.

Of course there is a few other things but that's the gist of how to make that wallpaper. Not sure if that helped you at all since you still need a graphics program but good luck. :thumb:

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Return to Tutorials