[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Need Help With Resizing an Avatar Picture - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Need Help With Resizing an Avatar Picture

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Need Help With Resizing an Avatar Picture

Postby Lunis » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:07 pm

Not sure whether to put this in Graphic Design or Testing, but whatever. I really need help resizing a picture for my avatar! Every time I make it smaller, it gets really squarey. The picture programs available to me are Microsoft Photo Editor, Paint, and Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. Is there any way to make my picture smaller, but not squarey? As you can see, I know little about graphic design. :sweat:
It is the infirmity of little minds to be dazzled with everything that sparkles.
Lunis

Postby madphilb » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:47 pm

Find and install Irfanview from the Net somewhere if you can. It's a great program for basic image manipulation (and it's free).

It sounds like the programs you're using aren't averaging the pixels together (I think Irfanview used to call this resampling, it basically blurs the pixels together).

The Photo-editor might do the trick for you, but I can't be sure, I don't touch Microsoft stuff with a 10' pole (well, I've been known to poke around in paint for quickie stuff, but that's about it).

If you want something with a real kick, get a copy of The GIMP 2.0, but that's got a bit of a learning curve to it, much more so than Irfanview.
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby Zedian » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:12 pm

Geesh if you had Illustrator or Photoshop I could help you REAL well buddy...but then again you could probably just play around and find out the answer yourself. And Phil thanks for bringing that up, I never knew of a such a program that existed.
Zedian

Postby madphilb » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:41 pm

Found Irfanview years ago... greatest little program (and I like the price best).
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby Zedian » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:48 pm

Hey Phil, can you provide some linkage to that program ?
Zedian

Return to Tutorials