Help with Joomla

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Help with Joomla

Postby Broly Ultimatrix » Thu May 09, 2013 4:41 am

I just recently aquired my own personal domain name > www.arprealm.com < and it's sitting on my dad's server. I was going to make a Wordpress Blog but we're going to test out the funtionality of Joomla and Drupal. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience or can point me to a youtube video offering a good introductory course to Drupal and Joomla, as Wordpress , while lacking deep customizability, is a much more friendly UI. Because of what I want my site to do, odds are in favor of me switching to Wordpress in the end but for the sake of higher learning and the like I want to give these other two CMS a chance.
Broly Ultimatrix

Re: Help with Joomla

Postby armeck » Mon May 13, 2013 10:03 pm

I can't point you to any youtube videos. I learned Joomla by just messing with it until i got it to work. I can say that it is much easier than drupal and if you want to make a website from scratch i recommend you start with joomla rather than drupal
armeck

Re: Help with Joomla

Postby intellichristian » Sun May 19, 2013 12:22 am

Joomla site has some tutorials.

Try this: http://docs.joomla.org/Beginners.

But I would advise Worpdress over Joomla as well. I used to do websites with Joomla, until I really tried Wordpress. Joomla has gone commercial, so a lot of the plugins you have to pay for, and most of these extensions are like content management systems as well, when most of the time all you need is one simple peice of functionality.
intellichristian

Return to Tutorials