Help on Flash Animations

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Help on Flash Animations

Postby Kenchii » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:16 pm

Hello. Currently I am taking classes on Macromedia Flash MX. I had the program a while ago, and didn't really use it. But now I am starting up a mini-animation (anime inspired, but with Homemovies,and The Simpsons type of jokes in them). I did all the characters, I already made the scrpit for the story and the scenes I want to put in one episode. But now, the tricky part. MAKING THEM MOVE!!! Can anyone please PLEASE help me on this, step-by-step please! On how to make simple movements, and Motion Tween help too!! Thanks!
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby skynes » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:01 am

If you have Flash there should be a tutorial built into the help menu that guides you through Motion Tweens step by step.
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Postby wiggins » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:32 am

You have Flash ?! Kenchii, do u have alot of money?
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby skynes » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:28 pm

U can download free trials.
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Postby wiggins » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:22 pm

aren't the trials like not full versions where u can't save and do certain stuff?
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby glitch1501 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:10 pm

no i think its just 30 day trials

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby wiggins » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:39 am

what's motion tween and what macromedia product demo should I download...there's so many O_O.
wiggins

Postby Kenchii » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:20 pm

>You have Flash ?! Kenchii, do u have alot of money?<

LOL. No! I downloaded it and got the crack pw. :lol:

>U can download free trials<

I had some before, awhile back.

>what's motion tween and what macromedia product demo should I download...there's so many O_O.<

Flash 7, and SWiSH is the best I think. Well, at least for me; a lazy guy. lol, but FlashMX is very pro, and pretty confusing. You really should try to get Flash 7. *I wish I have it*

:sweat:
私は愛する

<3

Kenchii

Postby LorentzForce » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:59 pm

You create these long scenes by dragging that dotted things at the top, make it action, click the end sequence and modify it. Then play it. It'll move smoothly.

Sorry, the tutorial is better. Really should run through it.
LorentzForce

Postby Benu » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:49 am

I am still learing my self but it just depends on how you want to animate it. So here is a tutorial I've found helpful.

http://www.toddgallina.com/how/

Hope that's kinda what your looking for. But hey Kenchii if you want I can help you animate it. I've been looking for somthing I can work on with someone plus I need the experiance. So if you want to take me up on the offer IM me PM me or however you want to contact me.
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Postby Kenchii » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:57 pm

Benu wrote:I am still learing my self but it just depends on how you want to animate it. So here is a tutorial I've found helpful.

http://www.toddgallina.com/how/

Hope that's kinda what your looking for. But hey Kenchii if you want I can help you animate it. I've been looking for somthing I can work on with someone plus I need the experiance. So if you want to take me up on the offer IM me PM me or however you want to contact me.

Thanks for looking for tutorial for me! I have checked out that site before, It help me a little but I am still alil' confused. I sent you a PM :thumb:
私は愛する

<3

Kenchii

Postby Gypsy » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:07 am

Kenchii wrote:LOL. No! I downloaded it and got the crack pw.

*coughs* Probably shouldn't be announcing it to the world ...

FlashMX is very pro, and pretty confusing.

If you think MX is confusing, you should swim around in 2004 for a while. It's much more programmer oriented.

Anyway, you said you're still confused. I assume you've made your characters with vector and with separate parts (arms, head, neck, hands etc.). Did you convert them all into symbols?
Gypsy

Postby Kenchii » Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:37 pm

I just finished making a 'space invator' type game. I take back what I have said earily, Flash MX really is not hard at all! Just really looks hard.
私は愛する

<3

Kenchii

Return to Tutorials