I have a question

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

I have a question

Postby Knives » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:34 am

I have been watchin a lot of stick figure movies lately and I've decided i want to learn how to animate and create the graphics for animation. I was thinking about getting the tab 2.0 does anyone know if this is good for creating stick animations? I am attaching my first gif.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Knives

Postby LorentzForce » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:56 am

Don't know about the tools, but there's only one thing that makes stick figure movies come alive other than just being cool; the movements are fluid. The artist has a greater control of the joints (due to the ease to do so) and thus makes good 'action' movies, like Matrix, or some martial art thing.
LorentzForce

Postby skynes » Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:57 am

I thought it was done in Flash.
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Postby HikariChan » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:09 am

lol me too

My mom does NOT go to college
:P
HikariChan

Location: -Where I practice flying with my Imagination-Big Ol' Texas-

Postby ThaKladd » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:41 am

Most of the better one's are made in flash - because its easy to make the movements there, as I have experieced the time I tried flash.

But I have also made some movies in gif, using Animation Shop 3. I have also tried a painting program called "Fractal Painter"(i think) what I liked, but then I lost it...

the worst thing with gif is that you have to draw the figure so many times(or use copy paste, but then you have to edit the pic anyway) - and that something you dont need with flash.

Good luck anyway..
We in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
We in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

Postby ThaKladd » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:50 am

oh.. i forget.. Tab 2.0 is a good program that should be easy to use, and to make stick figure movies. But I think that if you want matrix effects its easyer with Flash... They are not comperable because the style is so different and how you draw.. (I have not tried TAb 2 myself)

Flash, I think, is hard to learn... But then again, Tab 2.0 support's flash, and you can import from and export to flash movies...
We in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
We in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

Postby Knives » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:08 pm

ThaKladd wrote:oh.. i forget.. Tab 2.0 is a good program that should be easy to use, and to make stick figure movies. But I think that if you want matrix effects its easyer with Flash... They are not comperable because the style is so different and how you draw.. (I have not tried TAb 2 myself)

Flash, I think, is hard to learn... But then again, Tab 2.0 support's flash, and you can import from and export to flash movies...

Thanks guys!
Knives

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:19 pm

If you're really serious about it, 3DSMax is the way to go. Flash, however, is the most practical alternative.

Also, I'd like to echo LorentzForce: fluidity of motion is one of the most important things. Aside from this, however, also do a bit of thinking about what will happen in the animation, and plan out your fight coreography before hand.
uc pseudonym

Return to Tutorials