[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
PSP7 Tutorials? - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

PSP7 Tutorials?

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

PSP7 Tutorials?

Postby Ren_sama » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:14 pm

Does anyone have/know of some good PSP7 tutorials? It'd be much appreciated~! ^_^
Erk, does anyone draw with their PSP7? If so, does anyone have any tips on brush sizes/strokes/textures/etc?
Ren_sama

Postby MyrrhLynn » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:17 am

Here's two links where I think you will find helpful tutorials :)

http://www.tutorialforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=37727

http://www.daydreamgraphics.com/

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Kireihana » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:00 pm

I draw on PSP. ^_^ One of the most important things is to use layers. I usually do my preliminary sketch on the bottom layer using the Paint tool on 1px. Make sure it's a light color so that you won't get confused when you do the lineart. Next I create a layer ontop of the sketch and use the Bezier Curve on black for making smooth lines. The size of the brush really depends on how big your picture is; I usually use 1 or 2px. After the lineart, you can erase the sketch and create another layer, putting it behind the lineart layer. Now, I usually do all my base color on one layer, and then make separate layers for my shadowing and highlights, using the Multiply and Screen options. PolyKarbon has a great tutorial on this (link!)

Unfortunately I don't have much experience in downloading or creating brushes; I've always used what's already on the program. But here are two great PSP7 tips/tricks/tutorial sites:

ZimmerTech
Andrew's Resource Center

One more thing, you should probably draw larger than you actually intend the picture to be. It's easier to line and color that way, and you can get in more detail.
Kireihana

Postby skynes » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:34 am

^ I do mostly what she does in PSP. Except that my outlines are done in Flash cause I find the Flash line tool easier to use.
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Return to Tutorials