AVI's to youtube

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

AVI's to youtube

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:54 am

I have been using an animation program that only outputs as AVI. Youtube seems to have a problem with this filetype. Know any good go-arrounds?
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Furen » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:24 am

Maybe finding an online converter from AVI to WAV or something along those lines
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:37 am

My goal was to cleverly evade having to do an internet search and sort routine. XD
I'll keep working on this.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Furen » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:40 am

Rusty Claymore (post: 1416301) wrote:My goal was to cleverly evade having to do an internet search and sort routine. XD
I'll keep working on this.

Okay good luck, I don't know what else to say
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:44 am

Rusty Claymore (post: 1416290) wrote:I have been using an animation program that only outputs as AVI. Youtube seems to have a problem with this filetype. Know any good go-arrounds?

AVI isn't the problem. It's just a container. What compression are you using? Get all2avi, and convert your outputted file to DivX. Youtube can use DivX files.

http://alltoavi.sourceforge.net/

If that doesn't work (if all2avi crashes when converting) then get PSP video creator. It will convert to PSP format, but that's just mp4 and Youtube will accept it. You'll lose quality, but that's better than nothing, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby armeck » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:53 am

every windows computer from xp up (maybe 2000 idk) has windows movie maker, import it into windows movie maker and export it as a WMV youtube does just fine with those. and hey when you get an animation up, send me a link XD
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:04 pm

Thanks you two! I'll keep that method in mind Bob, in case Movie maker doesn't work.
Armeck, I thought about that while I was trying to sleep. XP
So as soon as I have some time I'll give these a try.
When I get it to work I'll post a link.
Rusty Claymore

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:07 pm

Ok, I think it's up. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVJWth-HOhE Let me know if it works for you.
Rusty Claymore

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:40 pm

Looks nice. That animation program appears to be rather popular.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:09 pm

For good reason, it's very easy to use and the physics engine is amazing! Maluability of the character's faces makes it great for making skits and such.
Rusty Claymore

Postby armeck » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:15 am

who is that? is that dane cook? lol he's funny! so what program is that? i've seen it used and stuff but i don't know anything about it
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:54 am

armeckthefirst (post: 1416672) wrote:who is that? is that dane cook? lol he's funny! so what program is that? i've seen it used and stuff but i don't know anything about it

This is my first completed animation project. Kaito and Miko perform Brian Regan's "Evil Kenevil" skit.

It's not Dane Cook.
Bobtheduck

Return to Tutorials