Picture resource question

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Picture resource question

Postby Sammy Boy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:20 am

Hi all, this is the closest section I can find that kinda relates to this question...so hope it's ok to post here....

A work colleague asked me a question about a picture today, and I haven't received questions like these before so have no idea, but promised her I'd ask my artist contacts (that's all of you).

Essentially, my work colleague is after this kind of picture:

--------------------
I want a man and woman embracing with one of them saying something romantically corny or melodramatic. They look like 50s or 60s scenes. The guys usually got a hat on and trenchcoat or a superhero costume. I've seen these sort of pictures on walls in houses in magazines but can never find a suitable comic to copy from.
---------------------

She explained this is going to be a decorative piece of some sort used in her home (not the actual picture, but she will be painting an enlarged version in acrylics).

Thanks in anticipation. :)
Sammy Boy

Postby Esoteric » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:56 am

This is kind of a late response, but a stock photography source like corbis.com might be of help. I did a search there for 'romantic embrace' narrowed to 'illustrations' it pulled up a few comic-type images. Not quite probably what your co-worker is looking for though (didn't see any trench coats). But if they're really an artist looking for source, they could easily add a fedora and coat to a cheezy embrace. Or you could google search images for 'pulp romance illustration' and weed through all the junk there, maybe find something suitable. Getting your hands on real vintage pulp magazines would be ideal for source, but also pretty difficult. Or maybe search old romance/adventure/detective movie posters?
Esoteric

Return to Tutorials