AppleScript

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

AppleScript

Postby Garland » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:10 pm

Does anyone know how to write in Applescript? Can you give some pointers if you can?

A list of commands and what they do could also be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
I, Garland, will knock you all down!-Garland (FF1)

Gruve Nitro's website
Gruve Nitro is a band whose genre is considered (by me) "Christian Funk." It is based off the old Earth Wind and Fire style, and some of the original players play on the album as well as Ray Parker Jr. (from the Ghostbusters theme)

Fortune Cookie:Behind an able man, there are always.
Garland

Location: Somewhere between a machine's logic and a person's consciousness

Postby shooraijin » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:02 pm

It's kind of a wide topic, and frankly, I don't care much for AppleScript -- it's too wordy.

What are you trying to do in it? There may be an easier/better way (or you could write in another scripting language and only call AppleScript for very specific portions).
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Garland » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:32 pm

I mostly want to learn the language. I like how it can call on other scripts to do more specific work.

Gruve Nitro's website
Gruve Nitro is a band whose genre is considered (by me) "Christian Funk." It is based off the old Earth Wind and Fire style, and some of the original players play on the album as well as Ray Parker Jr. (from the Ghostbusters theme)

Garland

Postby shooraijin » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:42 am

I see. In that case, you might look at the forums at http://www.macscripter.net/ -- they have a number of tutorials, and people to ask.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Garland » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:57 pm

Thanks for the help.

Gruve Nitro's website

Garland

Return to Tutorials