Help with files

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Help with files

Postby RandomBurrito » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:59 pm

Ok, I have problem putting pictures on here sometimes because some of my pictures do not have URLs to put on here. I was wondering if there was any safe sites to make URLs (without having to sign up as a member or something) and having them private too. I also wanted to know if I wanted to put a picture of mine that I saved with paint how do I edit it to make it small enough to put on here? I have trouble sometimes putting files on here because they're too large no matter how much I try making them smaller.
[SIZE="5"][color="White"]Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost! [/color][/SIZE]

[color="DarkOrchid"]@[/color][color="Green"])}~`,~[/color] [color="Yellow"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.[/color]
:hug:
RandomBurrito

Postby Ante Bellum » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:13 pm

Decreasing quality, not size, is a better way to make a file size smaller. Typically websites need you to sign up in order to upload pictures.
Ante Bellum

Postby RandomBurrito » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:25 pm

How do you decrease the quality? Do I have to go into properties?

[color="DarkOrchid"]@[/color][color="Green"])}~`,~[/color] [color="Yellow"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.[/color]
RandomBurrito

Postby Ante Bellum » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:43 pm

I'm not sure about Paint, but in some programs (such as PS or Preview, which is a picture viewing program that comes on Macs) have an option when you select Save As to choose quality. I then suggest choosing a new name instead if overwriting it.
Ante Bellum

Postby RandomBurrito » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:45 pm

8D You have a mac? Coolness.

Hm.. I don't remember having that when I save images. I guess I can play around with trying to find some way. Thanks though! God bless!

RandomBurrito

Postby Ante Bellum » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:45 pm

No problem! GIMP or some other program might help, I'm not too sure because I haven't played with it long enough.
Ante Bellum

Postby RandomBurrito » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:53 pm

Oh ok, thanks! Even though I know alot about computers, I still don't know about some of the small details stuff, haha.

RandomBurrito

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:34 pm

If you have a picture, you can usually sketch/skew (upper toolbar) it to a smaller size and crop it to 100x100. Sometimes this decreases quality, sometimes not. Also, when you Save As, save the image as a PNG file. If this is still too big, save it as a JPEG. Try that.

As far as posting pictures on here, you can usually find the pic you want online, right-click, go to properties, highlight the Address or Location URL and then Insert Image it to your post. The only good website I know for uploading pictures is PhotoBucket. You're gonna have to sign up for something for just about anything you upload.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby RandomBurrito » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:37 pm

Oh ok, I'll have to remember the Jpeg thing. Usually I saved it to paint but I think it's making them too big. Thanks!

RandomBurrito

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:04 pm

I think you can upload pics on ImageShack without having to register :)

Or, you can attach a file to a post ^^ It's between the Emote button and the Undo button in Go Advanced ^__^

Asdfjkl, I tried attaching a thumbnail, but it didn't work 8(

Hope this image helps you ^^

Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby RandomBurrito » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:10 pm

Imageshack is good? I don't want anyone to click on the image I put and there be a pop up or something, hehe. I can sometimes be skeptical, sorry. I may try that though. Thank you!

RandomBurrito

Return to Tutorials