An odd request . . . want to play cosmetologist?

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

An odd request . . . want to play cosmetologist?

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:31 pm

As you all know, long!Rai-hair is long, and Rai, not being much of a cosmetologist, has little knowledge of how to work with long!hair.

Third person is annoying, no? Anyway, I could use some help with ideas for what to do with my hair besides tie it back in a regular ponytail. I've attached a picture of it without any product or anything in it for reference.

A few caveats, though:

1) I don't have any money to spend on lots of product. I have some spray and mousse on hand, but that's about it.

2) I don't really want to cut it; besides, if I did, I'd want to consult my parents (especially my mom, as she's had longer hair than I for most of her life {although mine's longer now})

3) I'm at college in a very small town in Tennessee, so I don't have access to much besides a Wal-Mart. At least it's a Super Wal-Mart.

Thanks for your help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:44 pm

Hmm...oh, I know! You should cut it. *gets stabbed*

Uh, seriously though, what kind of style are you looking for? There aren't really a lot of manly things to be done with long hair, unless you consider straightening it or braiding it "manly". XD
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:25 pm

Well, I've braided it before (rather, Mom braided it) and that was fun (convenient, too - it's manageable like a ponytail, but fits under a motorcycle helmet), but I'm really open to anything within reason.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby goldenspines » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:57 pm

Different types of braids maybe?(such as the herringbone, it's cool looking though it's much like the braid Legolas has in LOTR, and I'm not sure if you want to look like that. XD; ).
I can't think of much else to do with it that's not "girly" looking besides a ponytail(low on your head or high, I suppose). You could try multiple braids?

On a side note, fixing your hair like the little guy's hair in your avvie might be cool. :o
goldenspines

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:08 pm

do it like this Image

jus keedin :P
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Stephen » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:09 pm

Savannah you should be banned for that.
Stephen

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:15 pm

[quote="goldenspines (post: 1260309)"]Different types of braids maybe?(such as the herringbone, it's cool looking though it's much like the braid Legolas has in LOTR, and I'm not sure if you want to look like that. XD]

It's funny you mention that avatar. Mave drew that for me based on a photo I sent her - of myself. I've actually done that hairstyle before and loved it. I haven't done it in forever - maybe I should . . .

I'll have to look into different sorts of braids - thanks for the suggestion.

Savannah . . . if you didn't make me laugh so much, I would second your bannination. XD That is a disturbing hairdo. I once considered temp-dyeing my hair dark purple, though . . . favorite color and all . . .

.rai//

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

Raiden no Kishi

Return to Tutorials