Coby MP3 Player Troubleshooting

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Coby MP3 Player Troubleshooting

Postby Sheenar » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:59 pm

Hey guys. Yesterday I went to Hastings and I bought a Coby MPC883 MP3 player (for $20).
I uploaded songs to it--and it turns on, but I can't seem to be able to get sound to come out of the earbuds. The headphones are plugged in all the way--but I keep pressing the volume + button and still no sound.
I then plugged it back into the USB port and opened the file to make sure there were songs on it --and they are all there.
I tried calling their support line, but hung up after around 15 minutes of super annoying "Your call is important to us. Please continue to hold." messages every 3 seconds (literally).
So, does anyone have experience working these devices? I feel so lost. I finally break down and buy an MP3 player and I can't get it to work right...:shake:

I'll probably try calling again tomorrow---but man, they need a better holding system---makes me want to throw the phone...
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:37 am

Anyone? I still can't get it to work. Any ideas?
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby SnoringFrog » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:28 am

Have you checked to make sure they're the right file type?

That's all I can think of, really.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Sheenar » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:10 pm

Yep, they are all MP3s. I emailed the Tech Support at the company but they haven't written back yet. I'll give them until Monday and then I'll call again.

Sheenar

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:25 pm

I think you should just return it to the store and get a new one. XD Save you the hassle of having to email them and everything.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:01 am

Being that this is Coby, I would just return it and get a refund... maybe try to get a sandisk player or something.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Sheenar » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:28 pm

I returned it and got a refund. The refund, though, is going towards bills on the 1st.:P

Sheenar

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:50 pm

Solid Ronin

Return to Tutorials