Tablet...Issues. XD

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Tablet...Issues. XD

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:45 pm

I've had my Wacom Intuos2 tablet for around two years now. It's worked like a charm on both an old G3 Mac and a Dell PC. However, for some reason, it's been acting up on my Mac Mini. I've installed the drivers twice, restarted, fixed the security problems, switched USB ports, etc., and I'm at a loss for what to do next. XD

The touch-sensitive strokes won't work in Photoshop, the eraser function won't work, and the screen mapping is a little off, not to mention somewhat jumpy. I'd attribute that to the fact that I'm using an old G3 monitor with the Mini, but that wouldn't explain the other problems it has (and that probably wouldn't create a problem, anyways). I've had the tablet for two years, and I really doubt that it'd stop working so suddenly like that.

Also, when I open the "Wacom" folder in Applications and click the "Wacom Tablet" icon, it tells me that no tablet is plugged in. But I'm clearly using the tablet as I read that...XD Can someone please help me figure out what's wrong? XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby chibiphonebooth » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:53 pm

;o;

poor corrie.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:52 pm

have you attempted to reinstall the drivers? Wacoms drivers are infamous for randomly corrupting themselves.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:48 pm

when this happened to me, I uninstalled my Tablet and then reinstalled it. But only the eraser function was off :/
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby AsianBlossom » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:21 am

Is there a loose wire in the connection? Sometimes, if the wire is almost broken in one part (it won't be noticeable from the outside, though), if won't be able to send a signal to your computer.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby ShadowCat » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:48 am

;o; TABLETS

Maybe the tablet is the problem. Did you go back and retry it on your other computers? o.o
ShadowCat

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:01 am

Radical Dreamer wrote:Also, when I open the "Wacom" folder in Applications and click the "Wacom Tablet" icon, it tells me that no tablet is plugged in. But I'm clearly using the tablet as I read that...XD Can someone please help me figure out what's wrong? XD

This is a fair indication that there's an issue with the driver not working properly with the tablet. Do you have a new mac mini? If so, it's got an Intel processor inside and likely a different OS version than the one you have. Drivers for the "G" line of processors won't always work right on an intel box. Search the wacom site and make sure you're using the right drivers for your processor/OS. If you don't know what your mini has, click on the apple in the top left corner and select the first option "about this mac." You'll see both the processor type AND the OS version there.

Let me know if you need more help, I have a little experience in this area.
Mithrandir

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:19 pm

Mithrandir wrote:This is a fair indication that there's an issue with the driver not working properly with the tablet. Do you have a new mac mini? If so, it's got an Intel processor inside and likely a different OS version than the one you have. Drivers for the "G" line of processors won't always work right on an intel box. Search the wacom site and make sure you're using the right drivers for your processor/OS. If you don't know what your mini has, click on the apple in the top left corner and select the first option "about this mac." You'll see both the processor type AND the OS version there.

Let me know if you need more help, I have a little experience in this area.

Ah, that worked! Thanks so much! :D I'm so glad to finally have my tablet back! XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:57 pm

Yeah!!!!!! It's so much fun for me when I can solve something like this on the first try. Typically, if I have to go to try 3 or 4, I should just give up. :lol:
Mithrandir

Return to Tutorials