Want Tech Help!!!

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Want Tech Help!!!

Postby Sparrowhawk » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:06 am

OK, this is the 3rd time I have tried to post this, so we will hope it does not appear three (the first time it said i was not logged in, but i was, so i'm a little confused). First, a warning. I'm completley and totally helpless and ignorant when it comes to the internet and computers (well almost). I want to ask three tech questions :?: , but I'm not even sure how, but oh well. First: Those pictures every member has under there name, those are avatars correct? How do I get one? Second: I see a lot of people put pics they drew on this website. How do you do that and what all do I need? The things that I think I might need (but I don't know) I don't know are good enough (I have a 28k dial up connection, I have a Lexmark printer/copier/scnaner and my computer is a Compaq with an athelon processor, now whether any of that is important i dont know). Lastly, I see a lot of people have at the end of their post, some pics about different things. For example, members of the Sakura/CLAMP fanclub have a picture showing they are. Others have different types of pics. How do I get that? Sorry, this is a pretty selfish thread, but I'm helpless and the sad thing is I know more about the internet than anyone in my family except my dad, who i would not say knows more, just knows different things. So sorry for all the whining, hope I did not not annoy you too much. Thanks to all that can help! (you can pm me if you need to, dont know why you would, like i said, i'm clueless here)
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say."
-Fellowship of the Ring, by JRR Tolkien

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:20 am

to get avatar:

at top of page go to "user cp", then on the sidebar there's an "edit avatar" option, use that.

signatures(the things at the end of posts) are disabled right now as far as I know.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Esoteric » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:53 pm

Yup, you'll pretty much only be able to get an avatar right now. Signatures, and for the most part, posting images are both disabled on this temporary server. Once their up and running again, checking CAA's faq section should answer most of your questions. There are instructions there concerning avatars too. Do you have access to a graphics program of any kind?
Esoteric

Return to Tutorials