Creating a guestbook. How?

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Creating a guestbook. How?

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:55 pm

I'm creating a website at the moment and I want a good guestbook for people to leave comments if they wish. I was wondering if it is possible to create on in Dreamweaver? Is there like a tutorial or something?
Anyone to help?

(For the record I don't know php or any other language other than HTML and I'm limited with my knowledge of that. To answer people's questions: No, I won't learn them, not because I'm lazy, but because I don't think logically and most definetly not mathematically and would have to much trouble with it. I'm left handed and only have a creative side).

Thanks!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby MyrrhLynn » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:54 am

As far as I know you have 3 options:
1.) Buy a Guestbook
2.) Get a free one (like from Bravenet or something that will have ads)
3.) Code one

I don't think Dreamweaver has anything that can help you. A Guestbook is a rather complicated thing actually since you would have to store the entries somehow (like in a database) so you would need to know a coding language. http://www.daydreamgraphics.com/ has a tutorial about making one but it uses PHP if I'm not mistaken.

Otherwise if you know how to install php related stuff, got to hotscripts there are lots of free guestbooks on there that people have coded and you simply have to install yourself. Good Luck! :thumb:

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby glitch1501 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:58 am

the one i use on my site is very simple, and looks pretty nice, you might need aLITTLE php knowledge

http://design.definitelymaybe.org/guestbook/

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:28 am

Thanks MyrrhLynn and glitch. Glitch, I may get my brother to help code the php one you use (he's quite good with programming).
Thanks again!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Return to Tutorials