Converting a photo to a drawing

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Converting a photo to a drawing

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:59 pm

K, I was wondering if thier is a program or download that I can get that will convert a photo of let's say a room and than covert it so it's a line drawing. I really, really stink at drawing scenary and more so with buildings and if thier is such a program that can do that, that woul dhelp my manga look a bit more professional.

Thanks.
Hitokiri

Postby madphilb » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:41 pm

There are a few techniques that can be done, but nothing foolproof. Most of the techniques circle around edge-finding on the image. There might be a few plugins for PSP, Photoshop, or GIMP. Sorry to say it's been a long time since I've been plugin shopping.
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby madphilb » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:48 pm

oops, sorry, double post.
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby MyrrhLynn » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:36 pm

yeah I don't think there is anything you can find that would look decent. Plus unless they were your photos, or stock photos you would have copyright issues. Photoshop has some sort of filer that does something similar.... I think it's Filter>sketch>graphic pen but not totally sure.

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:09 am

I'm currently using Paintshop Pro 7.0 and yes I'd be taking my own images for this. I did some looking around online to find something bout it but everything I found was for photoshop.
Hitokiri

Return to Tutorials