GIMP brushes?

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

GIMP brushes?

Postby kryptech » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:35 pm

I'm a GIMP-aholic and I am wondering if anyone knows of places to get dope brushes for GIMP? I just have the ones that came with GIMP 1.2.5 at the moment. Pretty basic... I see GIMP 2 is out so I'll probably get that soon. Maybe it comes with more brushes... Anyway, the larger the brush collection, the better, right? I've searched through CAA a bit but didn't spot anything on GIMP brushes so excuse my ignorance if such a topic has been addressed. Tank-ewe.
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby madphilb » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:54 am

I snagged some interesting ones from PSP people, I forget the details on it.....

Got a mini-twinkle light brush that way, paints the lights along the brush path (got a few others too).. sadly I've lost all the brushes along with the links to the pages when I lost alll my data off my hard disk (no backup... my bad).

There are a few places around the Net with GIMP stuff (takes some looking and some of it is out of date, found several scripts a while back that are now part of GIMP's default package).... I think there is (or was) a collection of stuff linked from the main GIMP webpage as well.

Yell if you're looking for something special, maybe I can help find it.
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby kryptech » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:42 am

I poked around on http://gimp.org the other day but didn't dig up anything on downloading brushes. I found a few other sites too, but didn't find anything too useful. But ya, GIMP is kinda part of an "underground" culture (from how I see it) therefore getting into it can be a little tricky. BTW, I'm downloading GIMP 2 today - woo woo!

The kind of brushes I'm looking for in particular are those helpful in creating backgrounds, like those grimy alley walls, criss-crosses of splatters, gears, that sort of thing.

Sorry to hear about your HDD. Data loss = :waah!:

Get GIMPed y'all.
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Return to Tutorials