Ash needs your help!

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Ash needs your help!

Postby Ashley » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:45 pm

Hello everyone,

Yes, I'm calling on you the faithful of CAA to help a shepherdess in need. I need some good, high quality (wall-able) pics of anime students. More specifically, I'd prefer a female student decently clothed in some sort of struggle...like, dropping her books, a stressed look on her face...something of that nature.Think Osaka of Azumanga Daioh here. I'm working on a new wall that's been in my head for some time now, but I can't find a good pic. If I chose yours, I will dedicate it to you! Alright everyone, thanks for your help in advance.
Ashley

Postby SManBeyond » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:29 am

Interesting request. I'm working on finding / making an Azumanga Daioh wallpaper for my sister, so I'll see if I can help you out.

Anyway, the first round of searching wasn't all that successful...I'm attaching one picture that I found. It's not high quality and I don't think it's quite what you wanted, but I'll post it anyway just because it was the best one I could find. I'll try searching again tomorrow...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all." G. K. Chesterton

Founder of S.T.R.A.W.B.E.R.R.Y. R.H.U.B.A.R.B. P.I.E.

[url=smanbeyond.blogspot.com]My Blog[/url]
SManBeyond

Postby Retten » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:25 am

hmmm I have seen a couple of pics like that before...I'l try and find them again for ya! :)

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Kat Walker » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:30 am

Oh, at first I thought you were asking for someone to draw one. ^^; I'll keep my eyes out, but is original work ok?
Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.

Colossians 3:14

~ my personal website ~
Kat Walker

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:46 am

I found some pics. but they're too big. I shrunk them to make them fit.

Edit: Alright, why aren't they attachments showing up?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Retten » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:54 am

Alright here you go the best I could find after spending an hour searching 0_o (its really easy to find happy school girls but not stressed/unhappy ones :P)

This is the best one I found its from Full Metal Panic
Another FMP
http://www.eternalproject.xtreme-webhost.com/images/FMPcrzy.jpg
Azumanga Daioh
http://www.eternalproject.xtreme-webhost.com/images/animea.jpg
Gatekeepers (dropping a pie not school related :( unfortunately)
http://www.eternalproject.xtreme-webhost.com/images/gatekeepers.jpg
Haibane Renmei (not school again but the right expression lol)
http://www.eternalproject.xtreme-webhost.com/images/haibane08~0.jpg

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby soul alive » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:40 pm

kind of hard stuff to find. after i post the good ones i found, i need to go scour my eyes, some fan artists... :shady:

with a little resizing, some of these could be pretty good images, i just don't have the programs to do it ^^.

the first one is from Clamp School Detectives - not dropping anything, but good stressed expressions.

three are from Inuyasha, the site i got them from had a image stills from the series...

and the other is from Hana Yori Dango, falling and stressed.

good luck with your project, Ashley.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Ashley » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:34 pm

Thanks everyone! These are some very, very interesting submissions, and ones I haven't seen before which is great. I'd like to give everyone a chance to help, so I'm going to let this thread run a little longer. As I said, thank you so much to everyone who has already helped out!

I'll keep my eyes out, but is original work ok?

Absolutely! It just needs to be wall-able. Meaning no lined paper, and shading is ok, but I'd prefer something a little more than line art.
Ashley

Postby agasfas » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:04 am

*shrugs*
Not sure if this is what your looking for, but here are some pictures from one of my favorite dramatic series "Kanon."
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby agasfas » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:16 am

And my last entry for now.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby termyt » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:01 am

Well, IMO, no one puts emotion into their characters better than Rumiko Takahashi, but I couldn't find any good, high quality screen shots. Sorry, I'm no help.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Sonicbomb77 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:10 pm

hmm, try checking here <snipped by shooraijin> i just so happened to find it in my bookmarks as a refrence page for drawing anime. check out some of there galleries, but i must warn that i would probably rate some stuff there pg-13 [but the key word is SOME of it, so don't loose sleep over it :comp: or that T.T] well hope that helps, ill keep an eye out *yanks out one of his eyes and sticks it to the google pages while he goes out for lunch* ^_^
Sonicbomb77

Postby Ashley » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:21 pm

Actually guys, I'm just going to scrap this project. I can't find the image I'm looking for, so oh well. Thanks for your help everyone.
Ashley

Return to Tutorials