T-shirt possibility?

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

T-shirt possibility?

Postby Dragon Master » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:24 pm

Is there any way I could like get one of my drawings onto a t-shirt? Like some company that would do it or something, just wondering! :forehead:
I like hitting things :lickbash:
Dragon Master

Postby Nate » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:35 pm

Um, as far as what?

If just for yourself or a friend or something, I think there's computer programs out there that you can do that with.

If it's for mass-marketing, I dunno.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Dragon Master » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:23 pm

Nah, just for me ;)
Dragon Master

Postby soul alive » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:54 pm

if it is just for yourself - you might try iron-on transfer paper that you can use with any computer printer. you can probably find it at any office supplies or craft store.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby dareiq s'an » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:57 pm

I used that paper before to make my own shirt... Its really cool:thumb:
dareiq s'an

Postby Dragon Master » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:35 am

Actually a friend wanted me to ask for her, I'll tell her that! (and I might try it too)
Dragon Master

Postby Gypsy » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:22 am

I thought this might fit better in the Tutorial section. Read up on the iron on transfers - some look really nice while some will crack and fade over time.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Esoteric » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:32 am

Once for a school project, I went to Kinkos and had them do a transfer. I took them a print-out of the art adn they put it on a T-shirt for me. I bought one of theirs, but maybe you can take you own. I think it has to be white though. Anyway, if you didn't want to worry about the technical stuff, you could try them.
Esoteric

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:55 pm

cafepress shirts (the non-stretch ones) are nice... My "Will Work For Marriage" tshirt has survived the fires of Hell (that's what I call the dryer I use up here...) and several full heat dries accidentally... That's saying a lot for any ironon. They are clean ironons, and if there is a lot of white, they'll trim it so the shirt will be lighter... I trust them much more than I trust myself, and their printers much more than mine. Not only that, but they can do much higher resolution, so you can have really high quality pics, and you can have pics on both sides of the shirt. You can also sell them, and mass produce them, or just enjoy the shirt you made for yourself. Also, you can save money up and buy 15 different shirts and I think you can get a discount on all of them. It's a bit more expensive than buying the michael's transfers (like a couple dollars, all said and done) but it's like buying a new PS2 or a used one... If it breaks within the first few uses, the money you saved wasn't worth it.

If you are using your drawings, you need a very high quality scanner... That can also be another problem. Make sure you set your scanner on its best resolution and try to trim the pic to best fit the shirt. Check their site for info on pic sizing. http://www.cafepress.com

Oh, I have 2 active stores, and one that I"m working on (the first two were simple painbrush things I took about 15 minutes to make, but the current one is going to be a bit more effort so it will be worth buying) I've turned a lot of heads with my "Will work for marriage" T-shirt, Hat, and apron, and I've gotten a chuckle or two from my "Don't let sports take away your quality video game time: Sports are for the weak of thumb" (yeah, I invented that slogan...) thing, but this new one is going to be a quality piece of art. If you wanna check out my stores, one is http://www.cafepress.com/bobtheduck2004 and the other is http://www.cafepress.com/willworkformar i have two more stores (one private, one for my first book) but they are not open to the public right now, and like I said, one in the making. Put your store up too! I may buy one of your shirts (I'm not joking!) I may buy a CAA shirt next month or so too. My own visa check card, it's like cash! Anyhow...

うそ! They are down right now... I hope this isn't permanent... I loved Cafepress... I was gonna use them for my first fun of books... Darn... Now I gotta save even more money to self publish than 151 dollars... I will likely have to save up around 250-300 dollars to get started...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to Tutorials