Java

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Java

Postby RoyalWing » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:07 pm

I'm not sure if this is in the right place...

I am having problems with "Java". My computer won't let me draw on oekaki boards, and I want to try the CAA chat system but once again, computer won't let.

I would like to know, how can I turn it on (if I have it) and where can I download for free? if I don't.

Thank you!~
RoyalWing

Postby shooraijin » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:24 pm

What browser, and what computer?

What error do you get?

For the chat area, you can also use Telnet (although the Telnet in XP and 2000 is b0rk3n and doesn't properly grok local echo): telnet://mud.floodgap.com:6785/
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby RoyalWing » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:07 pm

Oh, sorry!

Windows XP, Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.

For oekaki board it just appears as a broken image? For CAA chatt it says I do not have Java on or don't have it.

I'm very sorry, but I didn't understand what you said in that last sentence.. really sorry...
RoyalWing

Postby Mithrandir » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:26 pm

borken = broken and grok is an old star trek term meaning "completely understand."

Don't worry, he's used to people not understanding him.

*backs away from defibrillator*
Mithrandir

Postby shooraijin » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:45 pm

In IE6 (and I forget where), there's a list of options, including to turn Java on or off. It sounds like this is turned off ...
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Kaligraphic » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:18 pm

a couple of things to do:
1: In IE, open the 'tools' menu, and open up 'internet options'.
2: go to the security tab, make sure that the 'internet' zone is set to medium security.
3: go to the 'advanced' tab, and scroll to about the middle - look for a line that says 'Java (Sun)'. there should be a line after it that says 'use Java 2 vsomething for <applet>' - that should be checked. If the section isn't there, go to this page (java.com) and download and run the windows installer. Then reboot and try the site again and see if it's working.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby RoyalWing » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:31 am

It's still not working, but thank you so much for all of your help!

I can't wait until we get a new computer...

:comp:
RoyalWing

Postby Jasdero » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:36 pm

The CAA chat room doesn't work for me either, and Java is enabled.
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Return to Tutorials