T-shirt Design

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

T-shirt Design

Postby Simon » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:07 am

Does anyone have any other graphical ideas that you can add or change with this drawing for a T-shirt?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You may not think much of what’s on your heart to say to others in Jesus name, but Goliath didn’t think much of the little stone in young David’s sling either, that is, before David slung it...
Simon

Postby christianfriend » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:21 pm

No.....not realy I mean its sooo cool already!!
christianfriend

Postby Esoteric » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:18 pm

It depends... what sort of printing method, and what color T shirt?

Assuming it's a white shirt with either a transfer or CMYK, I'd increase the contrast on the warrior alittle, but that's just me.
Esoteric

Postby Simon » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:33 pm

Esoteric wrote:It depends... what sort of printing method, and what color T shirt?

Assuming it's a white shirt with either a transfer or CMYK, I'd increase the contrast on the warrior alittle, but that's just me.

I forgot, what's the difference between using CMYK and RGB color again?
You may not think much of what’s on your heart to say to others in Jesus name, but Goliath didn’t think much of the little stone in young David’s sling either, that is, before David slung it...
Simon

Postby Esoteric » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:52 am

RGB means Red-Green-Blue and refers to those color lightwaves. Although they do make (expensive) RGB printers, RGB is primarily a color mode used only for TV and computer screens, and is not generally associated with printing.

CMYK means Cyan-Magenta-Yellow-Black and refers to the colors of ink used in most printers.

The two primary methods of T-shirt printing are screenprinting (or silkscreening) and CMYK printing. Since CMYK uses a printer to blend four colors of ink, it can be expensive. Screenprinting is far more common, and typicaly uses only one or two colors of ink, called spot colors. Spot colors can be whatever... blue, red, pink... doesn't matter, but it's much cheaper to produce because the inks aren't being mixed to create an entire color range, like they are with CMYK.
With all of the colors in your design, and no color separations (technical jargon), you would have to go with CMYK.

If you'd like to do more t-shirts designs, you should research the various printing methods. It's interesting stuff.
Esoteric

Postby Simon » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:44 am

Wow! thanks a lot!!! that was very enlightening...
Simon

Return to Tutorials